Friday’s NHL schedule features a likely tight outing between the Detroit Red Wings (2-0-1) and the Chicago Blackhawks (1-2-0) at United Center in Chicago, Illinois. The Red Wings are -116 on the moneyline to win against the Blackhawks (-105) in the game, which begins at 8:30 PM ET on ESPN+, BSDETX, and NBCS-CHI.
Red Wings vs. Blackhawks Predictions
Red Wings vs. Blackhawks Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Red Wings vs. Blackhawks Betting Trends
- In the 17 games the Red Wings were the moneyline favorite a season ago they recorded a 11-6 win-loss record.
- Last season, Detroit was 9-6 (victorious in 60.0% of its games) when playing with moneyline odds of -116 or shorter.
- The Red Wings have a 53.7% chance (based on the moneyline’s implied probability) to win this game.
- The Red Wings’ 227 total goals (2.8 per game) made them the 25th-ranked scoring team in the NHL last season.
- Defensively, the Red Wings gave up 310 total goals (3.8 per game) to rank 31st in league play.
- The Blackhawks were an underdog 62 times last season, and upset their opponent 18 times.
- Chicago had a record of 16-43 in games when bookmakers listed them as -105 or longer on the moneyline last season.
- The Blackhawks have a 51.2% chance to win this game (implied from the moneyline).
- With 213 goals (2.6 per game) last season, the Blackhawks had the NHL’s 28th-ranked offense.
- The Blackhawks’ total of 289 goals allowed (3.5 per game) was 26th in the NHL.
Red Wings vs. Blackhawks Over/Under Trends
- Last season, 44 of Detroit’s games went over Friday’s over/under of 6.5 goals.
- For Chicago last season, 39 games finished with more goals than Friday’s total of 6.5.
- The total for this game (6.5) is 1.1 more than the combined scoring averages for the Red Wings (2.77) and Blackhawks (2.60) last season.
- This game’s over/under is 0.8 less than the 7.3 goals these two teams conceded per game combined.
Red Wings Team Leaders 2021-22
- One of Detroit’s most productive offensive players last season was Dylan Larkin, who had 69 points (31 goals, 38 assists) and played an average of 19:39 per game.
- Tyler Bertuzzi had 30 goals and 32 assists to total 62 points (0.9 per game).
- David Perron scored 27 goals and added 30 assists in 67 games for Detroit.
- In 59 games, Alex Nedeljkovic had a record of 20-24-9. He conceded 178 goals (3.31 goals against average) and recorded 1618 saves.
Blackhawks Team Leaders 2021-22
- Patrick Kane’s 26 goals and 65 assists in 78 games for Chicago last season added up to 91 total points.
- Seth Jones totaled 51 total points (0.7 per game) last campaign. He had five goals and 46 assists.
- Max Domi was a top player on offense for Chicago with 11 goals and 28 assists.
- Petr Mrazek was 12-6-0 in 20 games last season, conceding 58 goals (3.3 goals against average) with an .888 save percentage.
Where To Watch Red Wings vs. Blackhawks
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.