Thursday’s NHL lineup features a matchup between the Montreal Canadiens (2-2-0) and the Arizona Coyotes (1-2-0) at Bell Centre in Montréal, Québec. The Canadiens are -178 on the moneyline to win at home against the Coyotes (+148) in the game, which begins at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+, TSN2, BSAZ, and RDS.
Canadiens vs. Coyotes Predictions
Canadiens vs. Coyotes Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Canadiens vs. Coyotes Betting Trends
- In the 13 games the Canadiens were the moneyline favorite a season ago they recorded a 4-9 win-loss record.
- Montreal lost the only outing it had moneyline odds of -178 or shorter a season ago.
- The Canadiens have a 64.0% chance (based on the moneyline’s implied probability) to win this matchup.
- The Canadiens’ 222 total goals (2.7 per game) made them the 27th-ranked scoring team in the NHL last season.
- Defensively, the Canadiens gave up 313 total goals (3.8 per game) to rank 32nd in NHL play.
- The Coyotes were an underdog 80 times last season, and upset their opponent in 24, or 30.0%, of those games.
- Arizona was 17-45 as an underdog of +148 or longer on the moneyline last season.
- The win probability for the Coyotes, implied from the moneyline, is 40.3%.
- The Coyotes had 206 goals last season (2.5 per game), 32nd in the NHL.
- The Coyotes allowed 3.8 goals per game (309 in total), 30th in the league.
Canadiens vs. Coyotes Over/Under Trends
- Last season, 42 of Montreal’s games went over Thursday’s over/under of 6.5 goals.
- Last season, 38 games Arizona played finished with over 6.5 goals.
- These two teams combined for 5.2 goals per game last season, 1.28 less than the over/under set for this contest.
- This game’s over/under is 1.1 less than the 7.6 goals these two teams conceded per game combined.
Canadiens Team Leaders 2021-22
- Nicholas Suzuki was a big player for Montreal last season, with 61 points in 82 games.
- Cole Caufield had 43 points (0.6 per game), scoring 23 goals and adding 20 assists.
- Evgenii Dadonov’s 43 points came from 20 goals and 23 assists.
- Jake Allen had a record of 9-20-4. He conceded 107 goals (3.3 goals against average) and racked up 1016 saves with a .905 save percentage (30th in the league).
Coyotes Team Leaders 2021-22
- Clayton Keller’s 63 points last season made him an important offensive option for Arizona. He had 28 goals and 35 assists in 67 games.
- Nick Schmaltz was one of the impact players on offense for Arizona with 59 total points (0.9 per game), with 23 goals and 36 assists in 63 games.
- Shayne Gostisbehere had 51 points, including 14 goals and 37 assists.
- Karel Vejmelka had an .898 save percentage (37th in the league) last season, conceding 170 goals (3.7 goals against average). He compiled a 13-32-3 record.
Where To Watch Canadiens vs. Coyotes
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.