The New Orleans Pelicans are 1-point favorites heading into Game 3 of the opening round of the NBA Playoffs against the Phoenix Suns at Smoothie King Center on Friday, starting at 9:30 PM ET. The series is tied 1-1. The matchup’s point total is set at 219.5.
Pelicans vs. Suns Predictions
Pelicans vs. Suns Betting Odds
Pelicans vs. Suns Last 10 Games
- New Orleans has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- New Orleans and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The Pelicans’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 225.6 points scored. That’s 6.1 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Pelicans have scored 4.9 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Phoenix has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- The Suns and their opponents have hit the over in two of those games.
- The last 10 Suns games averaged 225.7 total points, 6.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Suns have a 110.5 points-per-game average, 4.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
Pelicans vs. Suns Betting Trends
- New Orleans has covered the spread 43 times over 84 games with a set spread.
- In games they were favored in by 1 point or more so far this season, the Pelicans have gone 15-8 against the spread.
- This season, New Orleans’ games have hit the over 35 times out of 84 chances.
- This season, the Pelicans have a 45.7% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.3% higher than the 44.4% of shots the Suns’ opponents have knocked down.
- New Orleans has a 29-14 record against the spread and a 27-16 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 44.4% from the field.
- Phoenix is 45-39-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 1-point underdogs or more, the Suns have an ATS record of 7-4.
- This year, 42 of Phoenix’s games have gone over the point total out of 84 chances.
- Phoenix has compiled a 32-21 record against the spread and a 46-7 straight up record in games it shoots over 47.1% from the field.
Pelicans vs. Suns Over/Under Trends
- New Orleans and its opponents have combined to go over Friday’s total of 219.5 points 40 times this season.
- A total of 45 of Phoenix’s games ended with a combined score over 219.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 224.1 points per game, 4.6 points more than the over/under of 219.5 for this contest.
- This matchup’s total is 1.9 fewer points than the 217.6 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the Pelicans have seen a 220.4 over/under in their games this season, 0.9 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- Suns’ games have a total points bet of 222.8 points this season, 3.3 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Pelicans Team Leaders
- Jonas Valančiūnas: 17.8 PTS, 11.4 REB, 54.4 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (57-for-158)
- Brandon Ingram: 22.7 PTS, 5.6 AST, 46.1 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (74-for-226)
- Devonte’ Graham: 11.9 PTS, 36.3 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (192-for-563)
- Herbert Jones: 9.5 PTS, 1.7 STL, 47.6 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (57-for-169)
- Jaxson Hayes: 9.3 PTS, 61.6 FG%, 35.1 3PT% (20-for-57)
Suns Team Leaders
- Devin Booker: 26.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 46.6 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (183-for-478)
- Chris Paul: 14.7 PTS, 10.8 AST, 1.9 STL, 49.3 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (63-for-199)
- Mikal Bridges: 14.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 53.4 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (115-for-312)
- Deandre Ayton: 17.2 PTS, 10.2 REB, 63.4 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (7-for-19)
- JaVale McGee: 9.2 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 62.9 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (2-for-9)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.