The Kansas City Royals (2-1) host the Cleveland Guardians (1-2) on Monday at Kauffman Stadium, at 2:10 PM ET.
The Royals are a close favorite (-113 moneyline odds) when they play the Guardians (-107). The Royals will give the ball to Carlos Hernandez versus the Guardians and Aaron Civale. The game’s total is 8.5.
Royals vs. Guardians Predictions
Royals vs. Guardians Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Royals vs. Guardians Hitting Splits 2021
- The Royals hit 76 home runs at home last season (0.9 per game).
- The Royals averaged 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .409 in home contests.
- The team batted .261 with 705 hits (8.7 per game) at home last season.
- The Royals’ offense averaged 4.7 runs in home games.
- The Royals had a .322 on-base percentage and averaged 2.8 walks per game at home.
- They averaged 7.4 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- They hit 101 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .403 in away games last season with 243 extra-base hits.
- In away games last season, they had a .238 AVG with 8.1 base hits per contest.
- They scored 4.6 runs per game last season on the road.
- They got on base at a .302 clip with 2.8 walks drawn per contest away from home last season.
- They struck out 8.9 times per game in 81 away games last season.
Royals vs. Guardians Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Carlos Hernández
- Last season when Hernandez pitched his team went 2-3-0 against the spread.
- Hernandez and his team went 2-1 in games he pitched when they were moneyline favorites a season ago.
- When he pitched in a game last season, his team went 8-3.
Projected starter: Aaron Civale
- In games Civale pitched with a spread last season, his team was 11-4-0 ATS.
- Civale and his team won seven of the games he started as the moneyline underdog last season, with a record of 7-3.
- The 26-year-old made 21 appearances last year and his team went 14-7 in those games.
- A total of 13 games he pitched last season hit the over in 20 opportunities.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Whit Merrifield hit .277 a season ago with 42 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 40 walks.
- Salvador Perez had 48 home runs and 121 RBI a season ago.
- Carlos Santana hit .214 a season ago with 15 doubles, 19 home runs and 86 walks.
- Nicky Lopez had a .300 batting average with 149 hits.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez finished with a .266 average last season, with 36 home runs and 103 RBI.
- Myles Straw collected 153 hits, posted an OBP of .349 and a .348 SLG.
- Amed Rosario finished last season with a .282 batting average while adding 11 home runs and 57 RBI.
- Franmil Reyes collected 106 hits, posted an OBP of .324 and a .522 SLG.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.