The Kansas City Royals (2-1) host the Cleveland Guardians (1-2) on Monday at Kauffman Stadium, at 2:10 PM ET.
The Royals are a close favorite (-113 moneyline odds) when they play the Guardians (-107). The Royals will give the ball to Carlos Hernandez versus the Guardians and Aaron Civale. The game’s total is 8.5.
Royals vs. Guardians Predictions
Royals vs. Guardians Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Royals vs. Guardians Hitting Splits 2021
- The Royals hit 76 home runs at home last season (0.9 per game).
- The Royals averaged 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .409 in home contests.
- The team batted .261 with 705 hits (8.7 per game) at home last season.
- The Royals’ offense averaged 4.7 runs in home games.
- The Royals had a .322 on-base percentage and averaged 2.8 walks per game at home.
- They averaged 7.4 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- They hit 101 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .403 in away games last season with 243 extra-base hits.
- In away games last season, they had a .238 AVG with 8.1 base hits per contest.
- They scored 4.6 runs per game last season on the road.
- They got on base at a .302 clip with 2.8 walks drawn per contest away from home last season.
- They struck out 8.9 times per game in 81 away games last season.
Royals vs. Guardians Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Carlos Hernández
- Last season when Hernandez pitched his team went 2-3-0 against the spread.
- Hernandez and his team went 2-1 in games he pitched when they were moneyline favorites a season ago.
- When he pitched in a game last season, his team went 8-3.
Projected starter: Aaron Civale
- In games Civale pitched with a spread last season, his team was 11-4-0 ATS.
- Civale and his team won seven of the games he started as the moneyline underdog last season, with a record of 7-3.
- The 26-year-old made 21 appearances last year and his team went 14-7 in those games.
- A total of 13 games he pitched last season hit the over in 20 opportunities.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Whit Merrifield hit .277 a season ago with 42 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 40 walks.
- Salvador Perez had 48 home runs and 121 RBI a season ago.
- Carlos Santana hit .214 a season ago with 15 doubles, 19 home runs and 86 walks.
- Nicky Lopez had a .300 batting average with 149 hits.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez finished with a .266 average last season, with 36 home runs and 103 RBI.
- Myles Straw collected 153 hits, posted an OBP of .349 and a .348 SLG.
- Amed Rosario finished last season with a .282 batting average while adding 11 home runs and 57 RBI.
- Franmil Reyes collected 106 hits, posted an OBP of .324 and a .522 SLG.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.