The Dallas Stars (3-0-1) are lopsided favorites when they visit the Montreal Canadiens (3-2-0) on Saturday, October 22. The Stars are -176 on the moneyline to win against the Canadiens (+148) in the contest, which starts at 7:00 PM ET on .
Stars vs. Canadiens Predictions
Stars vs. Canadiens Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Stars vs. Canadiens Betting Trends
- The Stars won 60.8% of their games when they were the moneyline favorite last season (31-20).
- When playing with moneyline odds of -176 or shorter last season, Dallas won 75.0% of its games (15-5).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Stars have an implied probability of 63.8% to win.
- The Stars’ 233 goals scored last season (2.8 per game) ranked 21st in the league.
- The Stars were 14th in goals against, allowing 244 total goals (3.0 per game) in league action.
- The Canadiens secured an upset victory in 18, or 26.5%, of the 68 games they played as an underdog last season.
- Montreal went 11-31 last season when oddsmakers made them underdogs of +148 or longer on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied, based on the moneyline for this matchup, that the Canadiens have a 40.3% chance to win.
- The Canadiens had 222 goals last season (2.7 per game), 27th in the league.
- The Canadiens gave up 313 total goals (3.8 per game), 32nd in the NHL.
Stars vs. Canadiens Over/Under Trends
- Last season, Dallas and its opponent combined to outscore Saturday’s total of 6 goals 40 times.
- Last season, 52 games Montreal played finished with over 6 goals.
- The Stars scored 2.84 goals per game last season, compared to the Canadiens’ 2.71, adding up to 0.4 fewer goals than this contest’s total of 6.
- This game’s over/under is 0.8 less than the 6.8 goals these two teams gave up per game combined.
Stars Team Leaders 2021-22
- Joe Pavelski was one of Dallas’ top contributors last season (80 total points), having put up 27 goals and 53 assists.
- In 74 games, Jason Robertson had 41 goals and 38 assists.
- Roope Hintz had 37 goals and 35 assists for Dallas.
- In 48 games, Jake Oettinger had a record of 30-15-1. He conceded 114 goals (2.53 goals against average) and racked up 1217 saves.
Canadiens Team Leaders
- Nicholas Suzuki: three goals and three assists
- Cole Caufield: four goals and one assist
- Sean Monahan: two goals and one assist
- Jake Allen: 2-1-0 record, .938 save percentage, six goals conceded
Where To Watch Stars vs. Canadiens
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.