The No. 5 Clemson Tigers (7-0), with college football’s fifth-ranked rushing defense, take on the No. 14 Syracuse Orange (6-0) and their 11th-ranked rushing D on Saturday, October 22, 2022. The Tigers are massive, 13-point favorites. The over/under is set at 51 in the contest.
Clemson vs. Syracuse Predictions
Clemson vs. Syracuse Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Clemson vs. Syracuse: Last 3 Games
- Clemson is unbeaten against the spread and 3-0 overall in its past three games.
- Clemson has hit the over twice in its past three games.
- The Tigers and their opponents have combined to score an average of 48.3 points in their last three games, 2.7 less than the 51 over/under in this matchup.
- Syracuse has covered the spread twice, and is 3-0 overall, over its last three contests.
- In its past three contests, Syracuse has not gone over the total.
- The Orange total over the last three games is 1.8 points greater than the 51 total listed for this matchup.
Clemson vs. Syracuse Betting Trends
- Clemson has gone 4-3-0 against the spread this season.
- The Tigers have an ATS record of 2-2 when playing as at least 13-point favorites.
- This season, Clemson’s games have hit the over four times.
- Clemson has won all six of the games it has been favored on the moneyline this season.
- Clemson has played in three games as a moneyline favorite with odds of -543 or shorter and won them all.
- Syracuse has covered the spread in a game five times this season (5-1-0).
- Syracuse games have gone over the total twice this year.
- Syracuse won the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- Syracuse has not been a bigger underdog this season than the +389 moneyline set for this game.
Clemson vs. Syracuse: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Clemson games have hit the over on this game’s 51-point over/under times.
- This season, of Syracuse’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 51 points.
- The Tigers average 38.6 points per game against the Orange’s 36.0, totaling 23.6 points over the contest’s total of 51.
- This matchup’s over/under is 18.1 fewer points than the 32.9 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2022.
- On average, the Tigers have seen a 51.2 over/under in their games this season, 0.2 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 2.8 points separates the average total points bet in Orange’s games (53.8 points) and this game’s over/under (51 points).
Clemson Players to Watch
- D.J. Uiagalelei has thrown for 1,664 yards (237.7 ypg) to lead Clemson, completing 64.3% of his passes and tossing 17 touchdown passes and two interceptions this season. He’s also run for 346 yards (49.4 ypg) on 81 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- Will Shipley’s team-high 567 rushing yards (81.0 per game) have come on 96 carries, with eight touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 16 catches for 136 yards (19.4 per game).
- Antonio Williams’ 334 receiving yards (47.7 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 24 receptions and two touchdowns.
- Beaux Collins has racked up 290 receiving yards (41.4 yards per game) and five touchdowns, reeling in 18 passes this year.
- Joseph Ngata’s 17 catches have netted him 274 yards (39.1 ypg) and one touchdown.
Syracuse Players to Watch
- Garrett Shrader leads Syracuse with 1,430 passing yards (238.3 ypg) on 106-of-152 passing with 12 touchdowns and three interceptions this season. He also has 301 rushing yards (50.2 ypg) on 78 carries while scoring five touchdowns on the ground.
- Sean Tucker has carried the ball 124 times for a team-high 642 yards (107.0 per game), with six touchdowns this year. He has also caught 23 passes for 193 yards (32.2 per game) and one touchdown.
- Oronde Gadsden II’s 513 receiving yards (85.5 yards per game) lead the team. He has 31 receptions with five touchdowns.
- Devaughn Cooper has recorded 202 receiving yards (33.7 yards per game) and one touchdown, hauling in 16 passes this year.
Where To Watch Clemson vs. Syracuse
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.