Two of the nation’s best attacks clash when the No. 20 Utah Utes (4-2) bring college football’s 16th-ranked scoring offense into a matchup with the No. 7 USC Trojans (5-0), who have the No. 10 scoring offense, on Saturday, October 15, 2022. The Utes are 3.5-point favorites. The over/under in this outing is 60.5 points.
Utah vs. USC Predictions
Utah vs. USC Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Utah vs. USC: Last 3 Games
- Utah has two wins against the spread, and is 2-1 overall, over its past three contests.
- In Utah’s past three games, it has gone over the total twice.
- The Utes average total over the last three games is 2.8 points fewer than the 60.5 total listed for this matchup.
- In its last three contests, USC has one win against the spread, and is 2-1 overall.
- In its past three games, USC has gone over the total once.
- The Trojans have averaged a total of 65.2 combined points in their last three games, 4.7 greater than this matchup’s over/under of 60.5.
Utah vs. USC Betting Trends
- Utah has put together a record of 4-2-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 3.5-point favorites or more, the Utes have an ATS record of 4-0.
- Games involving Utah have hit the over four times this season.
- Utah has a 3-2 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 60% of those games).
- Utah has played in three games as a moneyline favorite with odds of -167 or shorter and won each time.
- USC has covered the spread four times this year (4-2-0).
- This season, three USC games have gone over the point total.
- USC has not played a game this season while listed as the underdog.
- USC has not been a bigger underdog this season than the +139 moneyline set for this game.
Utah vs. USC: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Utah games have gone over this matchup’s 60.5-point over/under twice.
- In USC’s six games this season, have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 60.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 82.5 points per game, 22.0 points more than the point total of 60.5 for this contest.
- This game’s over/under is 21.9 fewer points than the 38.6 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2022.
- The Utes have seen a 55.3 average over/under in their games this season, 5.2 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 5.1 points separates the average total points bet in Trojans’ games (65.6 points) and this matchup’s over/under (60.5 points).
Utah Players to Watch
- Cameron Rising leads Utah with 1,440 passing yards (240.0 ypg) on 118-of-171 passing with 13 touchdowns and three interceptions this season. He also has 249 rushing yards (41.5 ypg) on 36 carries while scoring three touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Tavion Thomas, has carried the ball 85 times for 386 yards (64.3 per game), with five touchdowns this year.
- Devaughn Vele’s team-high 356 receiving yards (59.3 yards per game) have come on 27 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Dalton Kincaid has put together a 324-yard season so far (54.0 receiving yards per game) with five touchdowns, hauling in 23 passes.
- Brant Kuithe’s 19 grabs have turned into 206 yards (34.3 ypg) and three touchdowns.
USC Players to Watch
- Caleb Williams has thrown for 1,590 yards (265.0 ypg) to lead USC, completing 64.9% of his passes and tossing 14 touchdown passes and one interception this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 178 rushing yards (29.7 ypg) on 53 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Travis Dye, has carried the ball 90 times for 571 yards (95.2 per game), with six touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 13 passes for 114 yards (19.0 per game).
- This season Austin Jones has rushed for 213 yards (35.5 per game) on 31 carries with three touchdowns, while also catching eight passes for 95 yards (15.8 per game).
- Jordan Addison’s team-high 479 receiving yards (79.8 yards per game) have come on 32 receptions with six touchdowns.
- Mario Williams has hauled in 22 passes for 348 yards (58.0 yards per game) and four touchdowns this year.
- Brenden Rice’s 15 catches this season have resulted in 181 yards (30.2 ypg).
Where To Watch Utah vs. USC
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.