The Carolina Panthers (1-3) will look to prove oddsmakers wrong when they take on the San Francisco 49ers (2-2) on Sunday, October 9, 2022 as 6.5-point underdogs. The point total is 39 for the outing.
49ers vs. Panthers Predictions
49ers vs. Panthers Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
49ers and Panthers: Last Three Games
- The 49ers are 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall during their last three matchups.
- In each of those games, the final combined score was under the set total.
- The last three 49ers games averaged 42.2 total points, 3.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Panthers are 1-2 against the spread in their past three games, and have a 2-1 straight-up record in those matchups.
- The final combined score of each of the past three Panthers games fell short of the set point total.
- The Panthers’ last three outings have ended with an average of 42.8 points scored. That’s 3.8 more points than this contest’s over/under.
49ers and Panthers: Betting Trends
- The 49ers have covered the spread two times this season (2-2-0).
- The 49ers are 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- 49ers games have yet to go over the total once this season.
- The 49ers have won 50% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (2-2).
- The 49ers have played as a moneyline favorite of -274 or shorter in just two games this season, and they split 1-1.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the 49ers’ implied win probability is 73.3%.
- The Panthers have covered the spread once over four games with a set spread.
- This season, Panthers games have hit the over once.
- The Panthers won the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
- The Panthers have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +221 moneyline set for this game.
- This season, 49ers games have not seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 39-point over/under.
- There have been two games featuring the Panthers this season with more combined scoring than Sunday’s total of 39.
- The over/under for the matchup of 39 is 1.7 points more than the combined points per game averages for the 49ers (17.8 points per game) and the Panthers (19.5 points per game).
- The 32.8 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 6.2 fewer than the 39 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the 49ers have seen a 41.1 over/under in their games this season, 2.1 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- Panthers’ games have a total points bet of 42.6 points this season, 3.6 points more than the over/under for this contest.
49ers Players to Watch
- Deebo Samuel is the No. 50 fantasy player overall and the No. 10 fantasy WR with 45.9 points (averaging 11.5 per game).
- Jimmy Garoppolo’s 39 total fantasy points (an average of 13 per game), are good enough to place him 73rd overall and 30th among QBs.
- So far this season, Jeff Wilson Jr. averages 8.8 fantasy points per game on the way to 35.3 total fantasy points. That makes him the 84th-ranked fantasy player overall and the 25th-ranked RB.
- Brandon Aiyuk is the 122nd-ranked fantasy player — and the 45th-ranked WR — with 24.6 fantasy points. He averages 6.2 fantasy points per game.
Panthers Players to Watch
- So far this season, Christian McCaffrey is the 35th-best fantasy player overall this season and the 11th-best fantasy RB with 52.8 fantasy points (13.2 per game).
- Baker Mayfield has put up 47.9 fantasy points this year (12 per game), good enough to place him 23rd among QBs and 44th overall in league-wide fantasy standings.
- D.J. Moore is 48th among WRs and 131st overall after scoring 22.9 fantasy points (averaging 5.7 per game) so far this season.
- Robby Anderson is the 138th-ranked fantasy player — and the 52nd-ranked WR — with 21.4 fantasy points (5.4 per game).
Where To Watch 49ers vs. Panthers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NFL predictions? Go here for all of our free NFL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.