The San Diego Padres (87-72) and San Francisco Giants (80-79) square off on Monday at 9:40 PM ET, beginning a three-game series at PETCO Park.
The Padres are the home favorite (-272) versus the Giants (+223). The starting pitchers are Joe Musgrove (10-7) for the San Diego Padres, and John Brebbia (6-2) for the San Francisco Giants. The contest has an over/under of 7.5.
Padres vs. Giants Predictions
Padres vs. Giants Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Padres vs. Giants Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Diego was the moneyline favorite for eight of its last 10 games, and finished 4-4 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Padres and their opponents combined to go over the run total three times.
- San Diego is 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- San Francisco has been the underdog twice in the last 10 games and split those matchups 1-1.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Giants and their opponents have failed to hit the over five times.
- San Francisco has six wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Padres vs. Giants Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Joe Musgrove
- The Padres are 14-15-0 ATS in Musgrove’s 29 starts with a set spread.
- The Padres are 14-7 in Musgrove’s 21 starts this season with San Diego as the moneyline favorite.
- Musgrove’s team has compiled an 18-11 record over his 29 starts.
- Musgrove’s starts went over the run total 17 times in 29 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: John Brebbia
- When Brebbia starts, his team is 5-4-0 against the spread this season.
- His team is 2-2 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- In games Brebbia has started, his team is 6-3.
- Games started by Brebbia have a 5-4-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado has accumulated a team-best batting average of .294, and paces the Padres in home runs (32) and runs batted in (101).
- Machado’s home runs rank 15th in MLB and he ranks ninth in RBI in MLB.
- Juan Soto is batting .245 with 25 doubles, two triples, 27 home runs and 134 walks.
- Soto ranks 30th in homers and 92nd in RBI among MLB batters this season.
- Soto heads into this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with a double, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Josh Bell is batting .269 with 29 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 78 walks.
- Bell takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .267 with two walks and an RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth is hitting .238 with 29 doubles, four triples, 17 home runs and 70 walks.
- Cronenworth heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Wilmer Flores is batting .232 for San Francisco with a team-high 71 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Flores ranks 72nd in home runs and 60th in RBI.
- Flores takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .154 with a double, four walks and two RBI.
- Thairo Estrada leads San Francisco in batting with a .261 average while slugging 14 homers and driving in 62 runs.
- Among all MLB hitters, Estrada is 123rd in home runs and 92nd in RBI.
- Joc Pederson is slugging .525 this season, with a team-high 23 home runs. He’s also collected 70 RBI.
- Pederson heads into this game on a six-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is batting .417 with a double, three triples, a home run, four walks and seven RBI.
- Mike Yastrzemski has collected 101 hits this season and has an OBP of .305. He’s slugging .391 on the year.
Where To Watch Padres vs. Giants
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.