The New York Mets (98-61) will try to snap a three-game losing streak when hosting the Washington Nationals (55-104) at 7:10 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Nationals are an underdog (+218 on the moneyline) when they visit the Mets (-268). The Mets will give the ball to Taijuan Walker (12-5) versus the Nationals and Josiah Gray (7-10). The over/under for this game is 7.
Mets vs. Nationals Predictions
Mets vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mets vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York was the moneyline favorite in nine of its last 10 games, and finished 4-5 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Mets and their opponents combined to hit the over eight times.
- New York’s record against the spread is 3-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- Washington has played as the underdog in 11 of its past 10 games and has gone 3-8 in those contests.
- In their last 11 games with a total, the Nationals and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- Washington is 3-8-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Mets vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Taijuan Walker
- When Walker starts, the Mets are 13-15-0 against the spread.
- The Mets have been favored on the moneyline in 18 of Walker’s starts this season, and they went 11-7 in those matchups.
- Walker’s team has a 15-13 record in his starts this season.
- Walker’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 11 of 29 games.
Projected starter: Josiah Gray
- When Gray starts, his team is 16-12-0 against the spread this season.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 11-13.
- Gray’s team is 13-15 when he starts this season.
- In games Gray has started this season, the teams are 13-12-3 at hitting the over.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso has put up a team-high 40 home runs and 131 runs batted in.
- Alonso ranks third in homers and first in RBI among all hitters in MLB action.
- Alonso has safely hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .271 with 24 doubles, five triples, 25 home runs and 59 walks.
- Lindor ranks 40th in home runs and sixth in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Brandon Nimmo has 28 doubles, seven triples, 14 home runs and 71 walks while batting .267.
- Nimmo takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with three walks.
- Jeff McNeil has a club-leading .326 batting average.
- McNeil has safely hit in eight straight games. During his last 10 games he is hitting .395 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Lane Thomas has been key for Washington with 119 hits, an OBP of .304 plus a slugging percentage of .411.
- In all of MLB, Thomas is 85th in homers and 135th in RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez’s batting average of .248 leads all Washington hitters this season.
- Among all MLB batters, Hernandez ranks 417th in home runs and 237th in RBI.
- Hernandez takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with a double and two walks.
- Luke Voit leads the club in homers (22) and runs batted in (69) this season.
- Nelson Cruz has 105 hits and an OBP of .313 to go with a slugging percentage of .337 this season.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.