Willson Contreras is just one hit away from his 100th of the campaign as his Chicago Cubs (73-87) face the Cincinnati Reds (61-99) on Tuesday at 6:40 PM ET.
The Reds are a close favorite (-119 to win on the moneyline) when they square off against the Cubs (-100). The Reds will start Luis Cessa (4-4) against the Cubs and Javier Assad (2-2). The over/under in the game is set at 8.5 total runs.
Reds vs. Cubs Predictions
Reds vs. Cubs Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Reds vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- In the last 10 games, Cincinnati was listed as the moneyline favorite by oddsmakers only once, a game it won.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Reds combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total three times.
- Cincinnati’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 5-2 in those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Cubs and their opponents are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Chicago has won seven of its last 10 games against the spread.
Reds vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Luis Cessa
- The Reds have a 4-5-0 ATS record in Cessa’s nine starts with a set spread.
- The Reds were favored on the moneyline for two Cessa starts this season — they split the games.
- Cessa’s team has won four of his nine starts.
- Cessa’s starts hit the over on the run total one time in nine games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Javier Assad
- Assad and his team are 5-2-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team is 4-1 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- In games Assad has started, his team is 4-3.
- In Assad’s seven starts with a total, the teams have hit the over one time.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Kyle Farmer leads the Reds in home runs (14), runs batted in (78) and has accumulated a team-high batting average of .252.
- In MLB play, Farmer ranks 123rd in home runs and 41st in RBI.
- Jonathan India has 16 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 31 walks while batting .247.
- Among all MLB hitters, India ranks 189th in homers and 206th in RBI.
- India has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .200 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- TJ Friedl has 10 doubles, five triples, eight home runs and 20 walks while batting .240.
- Jake Fraley has nine doubles, 12 home runs and 25 walks while hitting .255.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in runs batted in with 72 while batting .273.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Happ ranks 85th in homers and 57th in RBI.
- Nico Hoerner’s batting average of .280 leads all Chicago hitters this season.
- Hoerner is 197th in home runs and 125th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Contreras has 99 hits this season and a slash line of .240/.346/.458.
- Seiya Suzuki is batting .267 with an OBP of .340 and a slugging percentage of .441 this season.
Where To Watch Reds vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.