Willson Contreras has 99 hits, and will try to notch his 100th when the Chicago Cubs (73-86) play the Cincinnati Reds (60-99) at 6:40 PM ET on Monday.
The Reds are favored at home (-135) against the Cubs (+114). The Reds will give the ball to Hunter Greene (4-13) against the Cubs and Hayden Wesneski (3-1). The contest has a set total of 7.5.
Reds vs. Cubs Predictions
Reds vs. Cubs Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Reds vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- In the last 10 games, Cincinnati has not been favored on the moneyline.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Reds and their opponents combined to hit the over three times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Cincinnati has put together a 3-7-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has won six of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cubs and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times.
- Over its last 10 games, Chicago is 8-2-0 against the spread.
Reds vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Hunter Greene
- The Reds are 11-12-0 against the spread when Greene starts.
- The Reds were favored on the moneyline for one Greene start this season — they won.
- Greene’s team has a 5-18 record in his starts this season.
- Greene has had 23 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and nine of those matchups finished over the total.
Projected starter: Hayden Wesneski
- Wesneski’s team is 2-1-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team is 2-0 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- In games Wesneski has started, his team is 2-1.
- The teams have gone under the point total set by bookmakers in each of the three games Wesneski has started this season.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Kyle Farmer has racked up a team-best batting average of .251, while leading the Reds in home runs (14) and runs batted in (77).
- In MLB action, Farmer ranks 123rd in homers and 43rd in RBI.
- Jonathan India is hitting .246 with 15 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 31 walks.
- India currently ranks 188th in homers and 209th in RBI in the bigs.
- TJ Friedl is batting .238 with 10 doubles, five triples, eight home runs and 20 walks.
- Jake Fraley is hitting .260 with nine doubles, 12 home runs and 25 walks.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in runs batted in with 72 and has a batting average of .275.
- In all of MLB, Happ ranks 84th in homers and 57th in RBI.
- Nico Hoerner leads Chicago in batting with a .282 average while slugging nine homers and driving in 54 runs.
- Hoerner ranks 197th among hitters in MLB in home runs, and 124th in RBI.
- Contreras has 99 hits this season and a slash line of .240/.346/.458.
- Seiya Suzuki has collected 104 hits this season and has an OBP of .343. He’s slugging .446 on the year.
- Suzuki enters this game on an eight-game hitting streak. During his last nine outings he is hitting .333 with a triple, two home runs, four walks and two RBI.
Where To Watch Reds vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.