The Atlanta Braves will meet the New York Mets to open the MLB season on Sunday at Truist Park. The game starts at 7:08 PM ET.
The Braves are favored (-129 moneyline odds) when they take on the Mets (+109). The Braves will start Charlie Morton against the Mets and Chris Bassitt. The game’s total is set at 7.5.
Braves vs. Mets Predictions
Braves vs. Mets Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Braves vs. Mets Hitting Splits 2021
- The Braves averaged 1.5 homers per home game last season (116 total at home).
- The Braves had a .442 slugging percentage and averaged 3.3 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team batted .248 with 652 hits (8.2 per game) at home last season.
- The Braves averaged 5.1 runs per home game.
- The Braves had a .325 on-base percentage and averaged 3.4 walks per game at home.
- They averaged 9.1 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- They hit 99 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They slugged .394 in 81 road games last season.
- In away games last season, they had a .234 AVG with 7.9 base hits per contest.
- They scored 4.1 runs per game last season on the road.
- They got on base at a .307 clip with 3.1 walks drawn per contest away from home last season.
- They struck out 9.1 times per game in 81 away games last season.
Braves vs. Mets Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Charlie Morton
- The Braves have an 11-19-0 record against the spread in Morton’s starts.
- The Braves have been the moneyline favorite in 27 of Morton’s starts this season, and they went 16-11 in those matchups.
- Morton’s team is 17-13 in his 30 starts.
- Morton has had 30 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in 21 of those matchups.
Projected starter: Chris Bassitt
- Bassitt’s team is 18-11-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, New York has a record of 4-4 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- In games Bassitt has started, his team is 20-9.
- Out of Bassitt’s 29 starts with a total this season, 17 have hit the over.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Matt Olson hit 39 home runs last season while slugging .540.
- Austin Riley had a .303 batting average with 179 hits.
- Robbie Grossman hit .239 last season with 23 doubles, three triples, 23 home runs and 98 walks.
- Dansby Swanson had 33 doubles, two triples, 27 home runs and 52 walks while hitting .248.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso slugged 37 home runs and collected 94 RBI last season while batting .262.
- Eduardo Escobar hit .253 with an OBP of .314 and a slugging percentage of .472.
- Mark Canha finished last season with 17 home runs, 61 RBI and a batting average of .231.
- Francisco Lindor collected 104 hits, posted an OBP of .322 and a .412 SLG.
Where To Watch Braves vs. Mets
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.