The Pittsburgh Pirates (56-96) will look to Jack Suwinski, currently on a two-game homer streak, against the Chicago Cubs (66-86) at 1:35 PM ET on Sunday, at PNC Park.
The Pirates (-111 moneyline odds to win) and the Cubs (-108) will square off in a projected tight matchup. The scheduled starters are Luis Ortiz for the Pittsburgh Pirates, and Adrian Sampson (2-5) for the Chicago Cubs. The over/under in the game is 8 total runs.
Pirates vs. Cubs Predictions
Pirates vs. Cubs Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Pirates vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Pittsburgh was the moneyline favorite in three of its last 10 games, and went 1-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Pirates and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Pittsburgh has gone 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 5-2 in those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Cubs and their opponents are 4-6-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Chicago is 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Pirates vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Luis Ortiz
- Ortiz has started two games with set spreads, and the Pirates covered in both opportunities.
- The Pirates have not been favored on the moneyline when Ortiz starts this season.
- His team split the two games he’s appeared in this season.
- Ortiz’s two starts with a total this season finished 1-1-0 against the total.
Projected starter: Adrian Sampson
- Sampson’s team is 7-9-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team is 7-5 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Sampson’s team has won eight of his 16 starts this season.
- Games started by Sampson have an 3-11-2 record at hitting the over this season.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds paces the Pirates in home runs (25), runs batted in (59) and has put up a team-best batting average of .266.
- Reynolds ranks 34th in home runs and 94th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Reynolds has safely hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .526 with two doubles, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .243 with 23 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 46 walks.
- Hayes ranks 234th in homers and 199th in RBI this season.
- Ben Gamel is batting .231 with 19 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 45 walks.
- Michael Chavis has 16 doubles, three triples, 14 home runs and 19 walks while hitting .229.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ is batting .269 for Chicago with a team-high 69 RBI.
- Among all batters in MLB, Happ’s home run total is 80th, and his RBI total is 56th.
- Happ enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .167 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Nico Hoerner’s batting average of .291 leads all Chicago hitters this season.
- Among all major league hitters, Hoerner ranks 195th in homers and 145th in RBI.
- Hoerner brings a six-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is batting .314 with three doubles, two triples, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom is slugging .429 this season, with a team-high 24 home runs. He’s also collected 62 RBI.
- Christopher Morel has 84 hits and an OBP of .311 to go with a slugging percentage of .429 this season.
Where To Watch Pirates vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.