Two of MLB’s top hitters face off when the New York Yankees (93-58) and Boston Red Sox (72-79) meet at 7:08 PM ET on Sunday, at Yankee Stadium. Aaron Judge has a .314 batting average (fifth in league) for the Yankees, and Xander Bogaerts ranks fourth at .315.
The Red Sox (+153 underdog moneyline odds) visit the Yankees (-179). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the New York Yankees looking to Nestor Cortes (10-4), and Brayan Bello (2-6) answering the bell for the Boston Red Sox. The game’s total is set at 8.5.
Yankees vs. Red Sox Predictions
Yankees vs. Red Sox Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Yankees vs. Red Sox Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York went 8-1 across the nine games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Yankees and their opponents combined to go over the total eight times (all 10 games had set totals).
- New York’s record against the spread is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Boston has played as the underdog five times over its past 10 games and lost each of those contests.
- The Red Sox and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Boston has a record of 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Yankees vs. Red Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Nestor Cortes
- The Yankees are 13-13-0 against the spread when Cortes starts.
- The Yankees have been the moneyline favorite in 26 of Cortes’ starts this season, and they went 17-9 in those matchups.
- Cortes’ team has won 17 of his 26 starts.
- Cortes has had 26 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in 11 of those games.
Projected starter: Brayan Bello
- Bello’s team is 4-5-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- He has started six games with his team as the moneyline underdog, and lost each time.
- Bello’s team has won two of his nine starts.
- In games Bello has started this season, the teams are 2-6-1 at hitting the over.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Judge paces the Yankees with 60 home runs and 128 runs batted in, while racking up a team-best batting average of .314.
- In MLB action, Judge ranks first in homers and first in RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is hitting .225 with 20 doubles, a triple, 32 home runs and 57 walks.
- Rizzo ranks 11th in home runs among hitters in MLB action and 44th in RBI.
- Gleyber Torres is batting .252 with 26 doubles, a triple, 24 home runs and 38 walks.
- Torres heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .444 with a double, three home runs, five walks and eight RBI.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa is batting .267 with 20 doubles, three home runs and 32 walks.
- Kiner-Falefa brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .211 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers leads Boston in home runs with 27 and runs batted in with 84.
- Devers is 26th in homers and 26th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Bogaerts leads Boston in batting with a .315 average while slugging 14 homers and driving in 68 runs.
- Among all major league hitters, Bogaerts is 113th in homers and 59th in RBI.
- Alex Verdugo has collected 158 base hits, an OBP of .331 and a slugging percentage of .406 this season.
- Verdugo heads into this matchup on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
- Tommy Pham has 129 hits and an OBP of .317 to go with a slugging percentage of .387 this season.
Where To Watch Yankees vs. Red Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.