The New York Yankees clash with the Boston Red Sox (72-78) at 1:05 PM ET on Saturday, including a matchup of two of MLB’s most consistent hitters. Aaron Judge is at .315 (third in league) for the Yankees, while Xander Bogaerts is fourth at .314 for the Red Sox.
The Red Sox are an underdog (+144 on the moneyline to win) when they visit the Yankees (-170). The starting pitchers are Domingo German (2-3) for the New York Yankees, and Nick Pivetta (10-11) for the Boston Red Sox. The matchup has an over/under set at 8.5 total runs.
Yankees vs. Red Sox Predictions
Yankees vs. Red Sox Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Yankees vs. Red Sox Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York has an 8-1 record from the nine games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Yankees combined with their opponents to go over the run total eight times.
- New York’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Boston has played as the underdog in five of its past 10 games and has gone 1-4 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Red Sox and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- Boston has six wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Yankees vs. Red Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Domingo Germán
- When Germán starts, the Yankees have gone 5-8-0 against the spread.
- The Yankees have been favored on the moneyline in eight of Germán’s starts this season, and they went 6-2 in those games.
- In Germán’s 11 starts, his team is 5-6.
- Germán’s starts hit the over on the run total seven times in 13 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Nick Pivetta
- Pivetta and his team have a record of 17-13-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 33.3% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 5-10.
- Pivetta’s team has won 14 of his 30 starts this season.
- Out of Pivetta’s 30 starts with a total this season, 18 have hit the over.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Judge has racked up a team-best batting average of .315, and leads the Yankees in home runs (60) and runs batted in (128).
- Among all hitters in MLB, Judge’s home run total ranks first and his RBI tally ranks first.
- Anthony Rizzo is hitting .224 with 20 doubles, a triple, 31 home runs and 56 walks.
- Rizzo ranks 13th in homers and 48th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Gleyber Torres is hitting .250 with 26 doubles, a triple, 23 home runs and 38 walks.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa is hitting .267 with 20 doubles, three home runs and 32 walks.
- Kiner-Falefa enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .200 with a double and a walk.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers leads Boston in home runs (27) and runs batted in (84) this season while batting .289.
- Devers is 26th in homers and 26th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Bogaerts leads Boston in batting with a .314 average while slugging 14 homers and driving in 68 runs.
- Bogaerts is 113th among hitters in MLB in home runs, and 59th in RBI.
- Alex Verdugo is slashing .281/.329/.404 this season for the Red Sox.
- Verdugo has safely hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .238 with a double, a home run and four RBI.
- Tommy Pham has collected 129 hits this season and has an OBP of .320. He’s slugging .391 on the year.
- Pham has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .381 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
Where To Watch Yankees vs. Red Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.