Anthony Rizzo is only three hits away from his 100th of the campaign as his New York Yankees (91-58) prep for the Boston Red Sox (72-77) on Friday at 7:05 PM ET.
The Red Sox are an underdog away (+177) at the Yankees (-211). The New York Yankees will hand the ball to Gerrit Cole (12-7, 3.41 ERA), who is looking for win No. 13 on the season, and the Red Sox will counter with Rich Hill (7-7, 4.70 ERA). The game’s total is set at 8.
Yankees vs. Red Sox Predictions
Yankees vs. Red Sox Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Yankees vs. Red Sox Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York played as the moneyline favorite in eight of its last 10 games, and finished 7-1 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Yankees combined with their opponents to hit the over on the run total eight times.
- New York’s record against the spread is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- In four games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Boston has a record of 1-3.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Red Sox and their opponents are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Boston is 6-4-0 against the spread.
Yankees vs. Red Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Gerrit Cole
- The Yankees have a 15-17-0 record against the spread in Cole’s starts.
- The Yankees have a 21-11 record in Cole’s 32 starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Cole’s team has won 19 of his 30 starts.
- Cole’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 18 of 32 contests.
Projected starter: Rich Hill
- Hill’s team is 9-14-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team has won 40% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (4-6).
- Hill’s team has won 12 of his 23 starts.
- Games started by Hill have a 11-11-1 record at hitting the over this season.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Aaron Judge leads the Yankees with 60 home runs and 128 runs batted in, while putting up a team-high batting average of .316.
- In baseball, Judge ranks first in home runs and first in RBI.
- Rizzo is batting .224 with 20 doubles, a triple, 31 home runs and 56 walks.
- Rizzo ranks 13th in home runs and 46th in RBI among MLB batters this season.
- Gleyber Torres is batting .250 with 25 doubles, a triple, 23 home runs and 37 walks.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa has 20 doubles, three home runs and 31 walks while batting .267.
- Kiner-Falefa brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .200 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers is batting .291 this season with a team-high 27 home runs and 84 RBI.
- Devers ranks 26th in homers and 25th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Xander Bogaerts’ batting average of .314 leads all Boston hitters this season.
- Bogaerts is 112th in home runs and 56th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Alex Verdugo has collected 154 base hits, an OBP of .328 and a slugging percentage of .396 this season.
- Verdugo enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .158 with two walks and two RBI.
- Tommy Pham has 128 hits and an OBP of .320 to go with a slugging percentage of .386 this season.
Where To Watch Yankees vs. Red Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.