Two of the top hurlers in baseball face off when Julio Urias (2.27 ERA) starts for the hosting Los Angeles Dodgers (103-46) against Zac Gallen (2.52 ERA) and the Arizona Diamondbacks (70-80), at 10:10 PM ET on Thursday.
The Dodgers are favored at home (-221) versus the Diamondbacks (+182). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Los Angeles Dodgers looking to Urias (17-7), and Gallen (12-3) getting the nod for the Arizona Diamondbacks. The total for this game is set at 7.
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Predictions
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Los Angeles played as the moneyline favorite in 11 of its last 10 games, and finished 8-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups — 11 had a set run total — the Dodgers and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total two times.
- Los Angeles’ record against the spread is 6-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Arizona has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has won four of those contests.
- In their last 11 games with a total, the Diamondbacks and their opponents have failed to hit the over nine times.
- Arizona has a record of 5-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Julio Urías
- The Dodgers have gone 18-11-0 ATS in Urías’ 29 starts that had a set spread.
- The Dodgers have a 19-10 record in Urías’ 29 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Urías’ team is 19-9 in his 28 starts.
- Urías has had 29 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and nine of those games hit the over.
Projected starter: Zac Gallen
- When Gallen starts, his team is 22-7-0 against the spread this season.
- His team is 11-4 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Gallen’s team is 18-10 when he starts this season.
- In Gallen’s 29 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 13 times.
Dodgers Batting Leaders
- Freddie Freeman has a team-best batting average of .326.
- Freeman ranks 58th in homers and 11th in RBI among all hitters in MLB action.
- Freeman enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .294 with five walks and an RBI.
- Mookie Betts has hit 35 home runs to lead his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Betts ranks seventh in homers and 33rd in RBI.
- Trea Turner leads the Dodgers with 97 runs batted in.
- Turner heads into this matchup on an 18-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .279 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Will Smith is hitting .260 with 25 doubles, a triple, 22 home runs and 56 walks.
- Smith brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .313 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
Diamondbacks Batting Leaders
- Christian Walker leads Arizona in home runs (35) and runs batted in (86) this season while batting .238.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Walker is seventh in homers and 22nd in RBI.
- Daulton Varsho has 119 hits and an OBP of .311 to go with a slugging percentage of .460 this season.
- Varsho is 31st in home runs and 50th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Ketel Marte is slashing .243/.325/.414 this season for the Diamondbacks.
- Marte heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .214 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Josh Rojas leads Arizona in batting average (.263) this season while adding eight home runs and 50 RBI.
Where To Watch Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.