Jorge Mateo has 99 hits, and will try to collect his 100th when the Baltimore Orioles (78-71) meet the Houston Astros (99-52) at 7:05 PM ET on Friday.
As the favorite, the Astros (-150 on the moneyline to win) take the field at the Orioles (+127). The starting pitchers are Jose Urquidy (13-7) for the Houston Astros, and Dean Kremer (7-5) for the Baltimore Orioles. The game’s total is 7.5.
Astros vs. Orioles Predictions
Astros vs. Orioles Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Orioles Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston was the moneyline favorite in eight of its last 10 games, and finished 6-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Astros and their opponents combined to hit the over three times.
- Houston’s record against the spread is 7-3-0 over its past 10 games.
- Baltimore has played as the underdog in four of its past 10 games and has won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Orioles and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
- Baltimore is 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Astros vs. Orioles Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: José Urquidy
- The Astros are 16-11-0 against the spread when Urquidy starts.
- The Astros are 14-8 in Urquidy’s 22 starts this season with Houston as the moneyline favorite.
- Urquidy’s team has a 17-10 record in his starts this season.
- Urquidy has had 27 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in 13 of those matchups.
Projected starter: Dean Kremer
- Kremer’s team is 12-6-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team has won 64.3% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (9-5).
- Kremer’s team has a 13-5 record in his starts this season.
- Games started by Kremer have a 5-13-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez leads the Astros with 37 home runs and has put up a team-best batting average of .300.
- Among hitters in baseball, Alvarez ranks third in home runs and 12th in RBI.
- Alex Bregman is batting .265 with 38 doubles, 21 home runs and 82 walks.
- Bregman ranks 49th in homers and 19th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Kyle Tucker has collected a team-best 102 runs batted in.
- Jose Altuve is batting .293 with 33 doubles, 25 home runs and 61 walks.
- Altuve has hit safely in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .471 with a home run, two walks and an RBI.
Orioles Batting Leaders
- Cedric Mullins leads Baltimore with a batting average of .262. He’s also hit 14 home runs with 55 RBI.
- Mullins’ home run total ranks 112th in the big leagues, and he is 108th in RBI.
- Mullins enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .176 with a double and two walks.
- Anthony Santander leads Baltimore in home runs with 27 while driving in 79 runs and slugging .443.
- Santander is 26th overall in home runs and 34th in RBI this season.
- Ryan Mountcastle leads Baltimore in RBI with 80 while batting .245 with 22 home runs.
- Austin Hays has 122 hits and an OBP of .308 to go with a slugging percentage of .410 this season.
- Hays brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .250 with three walks.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Orioles
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.