The Houston Astros (98-51) take a three-game win streak into a road contest versus the Tampa Bay Rays (82-66) at 6:40 PM ET on Wednesday.
The Astros are a favorite (-127) at the Rays (+108). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Houston Astros looking to Lance McCullers Jr. (3-1), and Corey Kluber (10-9) taking the ball for the Tampa Bay Rays. The over/under for this game is set at 7.
Astros vs. Rays Predictions
Astros vs. Rays Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Rays Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston has a 7-1 record from the eight games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Astros and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Houston has put together an 8-2-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In five games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Tampa Bay has a record of 2-3.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Rays and their opponents are 3-7-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Tampa Bay is 5-5-0 against the spread.
Astros vs. Rays Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Lance McCullers Jr.
- When McCullers starts, the Astros are 3-3-0 against the spread.
- The Astros have a 4-1 record in McCullers’ five starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- McCullers’ team has won four of his six starts.
- McCullers has six starts with a set total this season — his team has gone under each game.
Projected starter: Corey Kluber
- When Kluber starts, his team is 15-13-0 against the spread this season.
- His team has been victorious in 50% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 4-4.
- Kluber’s team has a 15-13 record in his starts this season.
- Games started by Kluber have a 12-15-1 record at hitting the over this season.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez leads the Astros with 37 home runs while accumulating a team-best batting average of .304.
- Among hitters in MLB action, Alvarez ranks third in home runs and 10th in RBI.
- Alvarez has safely hit in 10 straight games. In his last 10 outings he is batting .459 with six doubles, six home runs, six walks and 12 RBI.
- Alex Bregman is batting .267 with 38 doubles, 21 home runs and 82 walks.
- Bregman currently ranks 48th in home runs and 19th in RBI in the majors.
- Kyle Tucker has put up a team-high 100 runs batted in.
- Tucker has hit safely in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Jose Altuve is hitting .292 with 33 doubles, 25 home runs and 61 walks.
- Altuve has hit safely in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .389 with a home run, three walks and an RBI.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Yandy Diaz leads Tampa Bay with a batting average of .292. He’s also hit nine home runs with 54 RBI.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Diaz is 189th in homers and 110th in RBI.
- Randy Arozarena leads Tampa Bay in home runs with 19 and runs batted in with 79.
- Arozarena ranks 63rd in homers and 32nd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Harold Ramirez is slashing .307/.350/.418 this season for the Rays.
- Isaac Paredes’ 19 home runs are most among Tampa Bay batters. He’s driven in 44 runs this season while slugging .461.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Rays
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.