The Boston Red Sox (72-75) have a 1-0 series lead, hoping to sweep the Cincinnati Reds (58-90) on Wednesday at Great American Ball Park, at 6:40 PM ET.
The Reds (+143 underdog on the moneyline) play at home against the Red Sox (-170). The starting pitchers are Connor Seabold for the Boston Red Sox, and Chase Anderson (1-3) for the Cincinnati Reds. The contest has a set total of 9.5.
Red Sox vs. Reds Predictions
Red Sox vs. Reds Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Red Sox vs. Reds Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Boston went 3-1 over the four games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Red Sox and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
- Boston has a 7-3-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In six games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by bookmakers, Cincinnati has a record of 2-4.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Reds and their opponents have failed to hit the over eight times.
- Cincinnati is 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Red Sox vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Connor Seabold
- Seabold and his team were moneyline underdogs each time he pitched a season ago.
Projected starter: Chase Anderson
- Anderson’s team is 2-2-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team is 1-2 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Anderson’s team is 2-2 when he starts this season.
- Games started by Anderson have a 2-2-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers paces the Red Sox in home runs (27) and runs batted in (84).
- In MLB, Devers ranks 25th in homers and 23rd in RBI.
- Devers brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .381 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and six RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts is batting .315 to pace his team.
- Bogaerts currently ranks 111th in home runs and 54th in RBI in the bigs.
- Alex Verdugo has 35 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 39 walks while hitting .280.
- J.D. Martinez is batting .273 with 40 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 49 walks.
- Martinez has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Kyle Farmer leads Cincinnati in batting average (.256), home runs (12) and runs batted in (68) this season.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Farmer’s home run total is 142nd, and his RBI total is 54th.
- Jonathan India is batting .249 with an OBP of .325 and a slugging percentage of .387 this season.
- India is 176th in home runs and 209th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Nick Senzel has collected 86 base hits, an OBP of .296 and a slugging percentage of .306 this season.
- TJ Friedl has collected 50 hits this season and has an OBP of .320. He’s slugging .466 on the year.
Where To Watch Red Sox vs. Reds
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.