The Atlanta Braves (91-55) host the Washington Nationals (51-95) to open a three-game series at Truist Park, with first pitch at 7:20 PM ET on Monday. The Braves are coming off a series victory over the Phillies, and the Nationals a series win over the Marlins.
The Braves are a heavy home favorite (-338) against the Nationals (+265). The Atlanta Braves will give the start to Kyle Wright (18-5, 3.18 ERA), who is looking for win No. 19 on the season, and the Nationals will turn to Cory Abbott (0-2, 4.37 ERA). The over/under for this game is 8.5.
Braves vs. Nationals Predictions
Braves vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Braves vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Atlanta went 5-4 over the nine games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups — all had a set run total — the Braves and their opponents combined to go over the total four times.
- Atlanta has a 6-4-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by oddsmakers, Washington has a record of 3-7.
- The Nationals and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Washington is 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Braves vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Kyle Wright
- The Braves are 13-14-0 ATS in Wright’s 27 starts that had a set spread.
- The Braves have a 20-3 record in Wright’s 23 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- In Wright’s 27 starts, his team is 21-6.
- Wright has had 27 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in nine of those matchups.
Projected starter: Cory Abbott
- When Abbott starts, his team is 4-2-0 against the spread this season.
- His team is 1-5 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Abbott’s team is 1-5 when he starts this season.
- In games Abbott has started this season, the teams are 3-3-0 at hitting the over.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Austin Riley paces the Braves in home runs (36) and runs batted in (91).
- Among all hitters in MLB, Riley’s home run total ranks fourth and his RBI tally ranks 14th.
- Riley has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .158 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
- Matt Olson has been productive as he paces his team with 91 RBI.
- Olson ranks 18th in homers and 14th in RBI among MLB batters this season.
- Dansby Swanson has accumulated a team-best batting average of .280.
- Swanson enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Michael Harris II is batting .305 with 26 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 16 walks.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Lane Thomas leads Washington in batting average (.252) this season while adding 16 home runs and 50 RBI.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Thomas ranks 89th in home runs and 130th in RBI.
- Thomas has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez has collected 132 hits this season and has an OBP of .313. He’s slugging .323 on the year.
- Hernandez is 404th among hitters in MLB in homers, and 233rd in RBI.
- Hernandez has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .211 with a walk and an RBI.
- Luke Voit leads Washington in home runs with 21 and runs batted in with 64.
- Voit enters this matchup on a seven-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .410 with two doubles, three home runs, five walks and six RBI.
- Nelson Cruz is a key run producer for Washington with a .234 average, 10 homers and 64 RBI.
Where To Watch Braves vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.