The New York Yankees (86-56) hope to sweep the Boston Red Sox (69-73) on Wednesday at Fenway Park, beginning at 7:10 PM ET.
The Yankees are favored (-124 moneyline odds to win) when they visit the Red Sox (+104). The Yankees will start Nestor Cortes (9-4) versus the Red Sox and Brayan Bello (1-5). The game’s over/under is set at 9.
Yankees vs. Red Sox Predictions
Yankees vs. Red Sox Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Yankees vs. Red Sox Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York has a 10-1 record from the 11 games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups — 14 had a set run total — the Yankees and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total 10 times.
- New York has gone 7-7-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In six games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Boston has a record of 1-5.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Red Sox and their opponents have failed to hit the over six times.
- Boston has won nine of its last 10 games against the spread.
Yankees vs. Red Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Nestor Cortes
- The Yankees are 12-12-0 ATS in Cortes’ 24 starts with a set spread.
- The Yankees have been favored on the moneyline in 24 of Cortes’ starts this season, and they went 15-9 in those games.
- Cortes’ team has won 15 of his 24 starts.
- Cortes’ starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 10 of 24 games.
Projected starter: Brayan Bello
- When Bello starts, his team is 3-4-0 against the spread this season.
- His team has been defeated in each of the five games he’s started as the moneyline underdog.
- Bello’s team has a 1-6 record in his starts this season.
- In games Bello has started this season, the teams are 2-5-0 at hitting the over.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Aaron Judge leads the Yankees with 57 home runs and 123 runs batted in, while racking up a team-high batting average of .310.
- In MLB action, Judge ranks first in home runs and first in RBI.
- Judge has hit safely in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .550 with a double, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Gleyber Torres is hitting .240 with 23 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 32 walks.
- Torres ranks 45th in homers and 73rd in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Torres takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .261 with a double, two home runs, a walk and eight RBI.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa is batting .269 with 19 doubles, three home runs and 29 walks.
- Giancarlo Stanton has six doubles, 26 home runs and 43 walks while batting .218.
- Stanton has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .308 with two home runs, three walks and four RBI.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers leads Boston in home runs (26) and runs batted in (78) this season while batting .288.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Devers is 24th in homers and 30th in RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts’ batting average of .318 leads all Boston hitters this season.
- Among all major league hitters, Bogaerts is 106th in home runs and 51st in RBI.
- Bogaerts enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Alex Verdugo is slashing .285/.332/.406 this season for the Red Sox.
- Verdugo enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .273 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- J.D. Martinez has collected 128 hits this season and has an OBP of .343. He’s slugging .425 on the year.
Where To Watch Yankees vs. Red Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.