The New York Jets (0-1) are 6-point underdogs heading into their matchup on Sunday, September 18, 2022 against the Cleveland Browns (1-0). The point total is set at 40.5.
Browns vs. Jets Predictions
Browns vs. Jets Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Browns and Jets: Betting Trends
- The Browns beat the spread seven times in 17 games last year.
- As a 6-point favorite or greater, the Browns had one win ATS (1-3) last year.
- There were seven Browns games (out of 17) that hit the over last year.
- The Browns finished with a 7-2 record in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 77.8% of those games).
- The Browns won all four games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -257 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probability for this matchup gives the Browns a 72.0% chance to win.
- The Jets’ record against the spread last season was 6-11-0.
- The Jets’ ATS record as underdogs of 6 points or more was 3-5 last season.
- Out of the 17 Jets’ games last year, 10 hit the over.
- The Jets won three, or 18.8%, of the 16 games they played as underdogs last season.
- The Jets entered nine games last season as the underdog by +205 or more and were 2-7 in those contests.
- Browns games finished with more than 40.5 points eight times last year.
- There were 11 Jets games last season with more than 40.5 points scored.
- Last season, the two teams combined to average 1.8 points per game fewer than the total for this matchup (40.5).
- These two teams yielded a combined 51.4 points per game a year ago, 10.9 higher than the total for this matchup.
- The over/under in this matchup is 40.5 points, 4.9 fewer than the average total in last season’s Browns contests.
- Last season, Jets games resulted in an average scoring total of 44, which is 3.5 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
Browns Players to Watch
- Nick Chubb finished the 2021 season as the 35th-best fantasy player overall and the seventh-best fantasy RB with 195.3 fantasy points (14 per game).
- Amari Cooper’s 134.5 total fantasy points a season ago (an average of 9 per game), were good enough to rank him 82nd overall and 25th among WRs.
- Last year, Kareem Hunt’s 90 total fantasy points made him the No. 140 fantasy player and No. 43 RB. He averaged 11.3 fantasy points per game.
- D’Ernest Johnson was the 148th-ranked fantasy player — and the 45th-ranked RB — in 2021 with 85.1 fantasy points. He averaged 5 fantasy points per game.
Jets Players to Watch
- Zach Wilson’s impressive 2021 fantasy campaign saw him rack up 153.9 fantasy points (11.8 per game) and finish 64th overall among all players and 29th among all QBs.
- Michael Carter placed 30th among RBs and 95th league-wide in fantasy standings after totaling 118.4 fantasy points (8.5 per game) last season.
- Last year, Elijah Moore 95.2 total fantasy points to finish as the No. 46 WR and the No. 127 fantasy player overall. He averaged 8.7 fantasy points per game.
- Ty Johnson finished 49th among RBs and 156th overall last season in fantasy rankings. He totaled 83 fantasy points (5.2 per game).
Where To Watch Browns vs. Jets
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NFL predictions? Go here for all of our free NFL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.