The Old Dominion Monarchs (1-1) will look to upset the Virginia Cavaliers (1-1) on Saturday, September 17, 2022 at Scott Stadium. The Cavaliers are considerable favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 10.5 points. The over/under for the contest is 53 points.
Virginia vs. Old Dominion Predictions
Virginia vs. Old Dominion Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Virginia vs. Old Dominion Betting Trends
- Virginia has yet to win a game against the spread this season (0-2-0).
- The Cavaliers have yet to cover a spread when they are at least 10.5-point favorites (0-1).
- Virginia has been the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they won.
- Virginia has played as a moneyline favorite of -391 or shorter in only one game this season, which it won.
- Old Dominion has covered the spread one time over two games with a set spread.
- Old Dominion is winless against the spread when it is 10.5-point underdogs or more (0-1).
- Old Dominion games have gone over the total once this year.
- Old Dominion has split the two games it has played as underdogs this season.
- Old Dominion has played as an underdog of +299 or more once this season and lost that game.
Virginia vs. Old Dominion: Over/Under Trends
- Together, the two teams combine for 39 points per game, 14.0 points fewer than the over/under of 53 for this game.
- The 48.5 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 4.5 fewer than the 53 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Cavaliers games is 57.8 points, 4.8 more than the over/under of 53 points for this contest.
- A difference of 3.7 points separates this contest’s over/under (53 points) and the average total points bet in Monarchs’ games (49.3 points) this season.
Virginia Players to Watch
- Brennan Armstrong leads Virginia with 426 passing yards (213.0 ypg) on 34-of-65 passing with two touchdowns and three interceptions this season. He also has 96 rushing yards (48.0 ypg) on 21 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- Perris Jones has carried the ball 26 times for a team-high 130 yards (65.0 per game), with one touchdown this year.
- Lavel Davis’ 156 receiving yards (78.0 yards per game) lead the team. He has six receptions with one touchdown.
- Keytaon Thompson has caught nine passes for 117 yards (58.5 yards per game) this year.
- Dontayvion Wicks’ eight catches are good enough for 70 yards (35.0 ypg).
Old Dominion Players to Watch
- Hayden Wolff has 440 passing yards (220.0 ypg) to lead Old Dominion, completing 50% of his passes and collecting three touchdown passes and one interception this season.
- Blake Watson’s team-high 101 rushing yards (50.5 per game) have come on 24 carries, with one touchdown this year.
- This season Keshawn Wicks has racked up eight carries for 25 yards (12.5 per game).
- Ali Jennings’ 322 receiving yards (161.0 yards per game) lead the team. He has 13 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Jordan Bly has put up a 72-yard season so far (36.0 receiving yards per game), reeling in seven passes.
Where To Watch Virginia vs. Old Dominion
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.