The Los Angeles Dodgers (94-42) visit the San Diego Padres (76-62) in NL West play, at 9:40 PM ET on Friday.
The Dodgers are favored away from home (-155) versus the Padres (+135). The Dodgers will give the ball to Dustin May (1-2) against the Padres and Sean Manaea (7-8). The over/under for this game is set at 8.5.
Dodgers vs. Padres Predictions
Dodgers vs. Padres Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Dodgers vs. Padres Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Los Angeles has a 6-3 record from the nine games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Dodgers combined with their opponents to go over the run total seven times.
- Los Angeles’ ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- In four games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, San Diego has a record of 2-2.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Padres and their opponents have failed to hit the over twice.
- San Diego has a record of 3-7-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Dodgers vs. Padres Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Dustin May
- The Dodgers have a 1-2-0 record against the spread in May’s starts.
- The Dodgers have a 1-2 record in May’s three starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- May’s team has a 1-2 record in his starts this season.
- May’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in one of three contests.
Projected starter: Sean Manaea
- Manaea’s team is 8-17-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team is 1-5 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Manaea’s team has won 12 of his 25 starts.
- In games Manaea has started this season, the teams are 15-8-2 at hitting the over.
Dodgers Batting Leaders
- Freddie Freeman leads the Dodgers with a team-best batting average of .320.
- Freeman’s home runs rank 62nd in MLB and he ranks 14th in RBI in MLB.
- Freeman heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .389 with a double, a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Mookie Betts’ 33 home runs are a team-high mark.
- Betts ranks fifth in home runs among hitters in baseball and 30th in RBI.
- Trea Turner paces the Dodgers with 91 runs batted in.
- Turner heads into this game on a six-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is hitting .209 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Will Smith has 23 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 51 walks while batting .261.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Juan Soto has been key for San Diego with 107 hits, an OBP of .406 plus a slugging percentage of .460.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Soto’s home run total is 28th, and his RBI total is 96th.
- Manny Machado leads San Diego in home runs with 26, runs batted in with 88 and a batting average of .297.
- Machado is 20th in home runs and 11th in RBI among all major league batters this year.
- Josh Bell is slashing .276/.370/.450 this season for the Padres.
- Bell brings a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .294 with a home run, four walks and two RBI.
- Jurickson Profar has 119 hits and an OBP of .341 to go with a slugging percentage of .404 this season.
- Profar has hit safely in four straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
Where To Watch Dodgers vs. Padres
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.