The Houston Cougars (0-0) will look to upset the Texas Tech Red Raiders (0-0) on Saturday, September 10, 2022 at Jones AT&T Stadium. The spread predicts a close game, with the Red Raiders favored by 2.5 points. The over/under is set at 65.5 in the contest.
Texas Tech vs. Houston Predictions
Texas Tech vs. Houston Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Texas Tech vs. Houston Betting Trends
- Texas Tech’s record against the spread last season was 7-5-1.
- The Red Raiders won twice ATS (2-1) as a 2.5-point favorite or greater last season.
- There were five Texas Tech games (out of 13) that went over the total last season.
- Texas Tech won all four of the games it was favored on the moneyline last season.
- Texas Tech played as a moneyline favorite of -145 or shorter in just two games last season, and it won both.
- Houston’s record against the spread last year was 8-6-0.
- As a 2.5-point underdog or greater, Houston had one win ATS (1-1) last season.
- Houston had eight of its 14 games hit the over last year.
- Houston was an underdog four times last season and won twice.
- Houston was 1-1 last season when entering a game as the underdog by +119 or more on the moneyline.
Texas Tech vs. Houston: Over/Under Trends
- Texas Tech’s games had more than 65.5 points scored on occasions last year.
- Houston’s games went over 65.5 points scored only twice last season.
- These two teams scored a combined average of 66.2 points per game last season, higher than the total for this matchup by 0.7 points.
- These teams allowed a combined 50.6 points per game a season ago, 14.9 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The over/under for this game is 65.5 points, 6.6 more than the average point total for Red Raiders games a year ago.
- The over/under for this game is 10.7 points higher than the average scoring total for Cougars games last season (54.8).
Texas Tech Players to Watch
- Henry Colombi’s previous season stat line featured 1,291 passing yards (99.3 yards per game) while going 95-for-148 (64.2% completion percentage) with five touchdowns and five interceptions.
- Last year, Tahj Brooks took 87 carries for 580 rushing yards (44.6 yards per game) and scored seven touchdowns.
- SaRodorick Thompson put up 528 rushing yards on 108 carries (40.6 yards per game) and 10 touchdowns last season.
- In the previous season, Erik Ezukanma amassed 48 receptions for 706 yards and four touchdowns. He averaged 54.3 yards per game.
- Kaylon Geiger tacked on 550 yards on 45 grabs with one touchdown. He averaged 42.3 receiving yards per game last year.
- Myles Price’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 494 yards, 35 catches, two touchdowns, and 38 yards per game.
Houston Players to Watch
- Clayton Tune averaged 253.3 passing yards per outing and completed 30 touchdowns last season. In addition, he added two more touchdowns on 11 yards rushing per game.
- Alton McCaskill compiled 961 rushing yards and 16 touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Ta’Zhawn Henry ran for seven rushing touchdowns on 513 yards a year ago.
- Nathaniel Dell averaged 94.9 yards on 6.4 receptions per game and compiled 12 receiving touchdowns in 2021.
- Jeremy Singleton averaged 35.4 receiving yards per game in 2021, scoring five touchdowns.
- Jake Herslow worked his way to five receiving touchdowns and 480 receiving yards (34.3 ypg) last season.
Where To Watch Texas Tech vs. Houston
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.