The Georgia State Panthers (0-0) will look to upset the North Carolina Tar Heels (2-0) on Saturday, September 10, 2022 at Center Parc Stadium. The Tar Heels are notable favorites in this one, with the spread posted at 8.5 points. The over/under is 68 in the outing.
North Carolina vs. Georgia State Predictions
North Carolina vs. Georgia State Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
North Carolina vs. Georgia State Betting Trends
- North Carolina covered the spread five times in 13 games last season.
- As an 8.5-point favorite or greater, the Tar Heels had two wins ATS (2-4) last season.
- There were eight North Carolina games (out of 13) that went over the total last season.
- North Carolina won 55.6% of the games last season when it was favored on the moneyline (5-4).
- North Carolina went 1-2 last year (winning 40% of its games) when it played as a moneyline favorite of -328 or shorter.
- Georgia State beat the spread nine times in 13 games last season.
- Georgia State had an ATS record of 3-2 as underdogs of 8.5 points or greater last season.
- In 13 Georgia State games last season, seven of them hit the over.
- Last season, Georgia State was the underdog five times and won one of those games.
- Last season, Georgia State won one of its five games when it was the underdog by at least +253 on the moneyline.
North Carolina vs. Georgia State: Over/Under Trends
- In games last season, North Carolina and its opponent combined for more than 68 points.
- Georgia State’s games finished with over 68 points scored times last season.
- Last season, the two teams combined to average 4.6 points per game fewer than the total for this matchup (68).
- The over/under for this game is set at 68 points, 8.8 points higher than the two teams’ opponents scoring average from last season.
- Tar Heels games last season posted an average total of 66.0, which is 2.0 points fewer than the total for this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 11.8 points higher than the average scoring total for Panthers games last season (56.2).
North Carolina Players to Watch
- Drake Maye leads North Carolina with 646 passing yards (323.0 ypg) on 53-of-73 passing with nine touchdowns and zero interceptions this season. He also has 131 rushing yards (65.5 ypg) on 16 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- This season Omarion Hampton has rushed for 118 yards (59.0 per game) on 22 carries with three touchdowns.
- Bryson Nesbit’s 100 receiving yards (50.0 yards per game) lead the team. He has seven receptions with two touchdowns.
- J.J. Jones has put up a 100-yard season so far (50.0 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown, hauling in seven passes.
- Kobe Paysour’s nine receptions have netted him 99 yards (49.5 ypg) and one touchdown.
Georgia State Players to Watch
- Darren Grainger completed 59.6% of his passes to throw for 1,715 yards and 19 touchdowns last season. Grainger also helped with his legs, accumulating three touchdowns on 51.9 yards per game.
- Tucker Gregg compiled 953 rushing yards and nine touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Jamyest Williams rushed for 859 yards and nine touchdowns last season.
- Jamari Thrash averaged 32.1 receiving yards and racked up two receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Roger Carter averaged 24.8 receiving yards per game in 2021, scoring two touchdowns.
- Sam Pinckney worked his way to one receiving touchdown and 293 receiving yards (22.5 ypg) last season.
Where To Watch North Carolina vs. Georgia State
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.