The New York Mets (85-50) have dropped two games in a row as they ready to square off against the Pittsburgh Pirates (49-84), who have lost four straight. Monday’s matchup at PNC Park starts at 12:35 PM ET.
The Pirates are an underdog at home (+171) versus the Mets (-203). The Mets will start Taijuan Walker (10-3) versus the Pirates and Mitch Keller (4-10). The contest has a set total of 8.5.
Mets vs. Pirates Predictions
Mets vs. Pirates Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mets vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York was favored on the moneyline for eight of its last 10 games, and finished 5-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Mets and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times.
- New York’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Pittsburgh has a record of 2-8.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Pirates and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times.
- Pittsburgh has won three of its last 10 games against the spread.
Mets vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Taijuan Walker
- The Mets are 12-11-0 ATS in Walker’s 23 starts that had a set spread.
- The Mets have been the moneyline favorite in 13 of Walker’s starts this season, and they went 8-5 in those games.
- Walker’s team has a 12-11 record in his starts this season.
- Walker has started 24 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in eight of them.
Projected starter: Mitch Keller
- Keller and his team are 11-12-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 31.6% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 6-13.
- Keller’s team is 7-16 when he starts this season.
- Out of Keller’s 23 starts with a total this season, nine have hit the over.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso has accumulated a team-high 32 home runs and 106 runs batted in.
- Alonso ranks sixth in home runs and third in RBI among all hitters in MLB play.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .264 with 18 doubles, four triples, 21 home runs and 54 walks.
- Lindor ranks 37th in home runs among hitters in MLB play and 11th in RBI.
- Starling Marte is hitting .292 with 24 doubles, five triples, 16 home runs and 26 walks.
- Brandon Nimmo is hitting .266 with 27 doubles, six triples, 12 home runs and 52 walks.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in home runs with 21, runs batted in with 48 and his batting average of .251 is also best on his team.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Reynolds’ home run total is 37th, and his RBI total is 117th.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .242 with an OBP of .311 and a slugging percentage of .346 this season.
- Hayes currently ranks 234th in home runs and 193rd in RBI in the major leagues.
- Ben Gamel has 76 hits this season and a slash line of .241/.325/.377.
- Michael Chavis has 82 hits and an OBP of .268 to go with a slugging percentage of .408 this season.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.