The Miami Hurricanes (1-0) square off against the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (0-0) on Saturday, September 10, 2022 at Hard Rock Stadium. The Hurricanes are heavy favorites in this one, with the line posted at 26 points. The over/under is set at 57 in the outing.
Miami vs. Southern Miss Predictions
Miami vs. Southern Miss Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Miami vs. Southern Miss Betting Trends
- Miami’s record against the spread last season was 6-6-0.
- The Hurricanes went unbeaten ATS (1-0) as a 26-point favorite or more last season.
- Out of 12 Miami games last year, five went over the total.
- Miami finished 4-3 in games it was favored on the moneyline last season (winning 57.1% of those games).
- Miami did not play a game last season with moneyline odds of -5385 or shorter.
- Southern Miss covered the spread four times in 12 games last year.
- As a 26-point underdog or more, Southern Miss had one win ATS (1-1) last season.
- Last season, four of Southern Miss’ 12 games went over the point total.
- Southern Miss was an underdog seven times last season and won once.
- Last season, Southern Miss was at least a +1433 underdog on the moneyline two times, losing each of those contests.
Miami vs. Southern Miss: Over/Under Trends
- Miami games finished with more than 57 points times last year.
- Southern Miss’ games went over 57 points on just one occasion last year.
- Last season, the two teams combined to average 5.2 points per game fewer than the total for this matchup (57).
- These teams surrendered a combined 56.3 points per game a season ago, 0.7 fewer points than this contest’s total.
- The point total average in Hurricanes games last year was 59.9, 2.9 more points than the over/under for this matchup.
- Games involving the Golden Eagles last year averaged 49.2 points per game, a 7.8-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
Miami Players to Watch
- Henry Parrish Jr.’s team-high 108 rushing yards (108 per game) have come on 14 carries, with three touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on three catches for 25 yards (25 per game).
- This season Thaddius Franklin Jr. has taken nine carries for 78 yards (78 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Xavier Restrepo’s team-leading 100 receiving yards (100 yards per game) have come on five receptions with one touchdown.
- Frank Ladson Jr. has reeled in two passes for 33 yards (33 yards per game) this year.
- Michael Redding III’s two grabs have yielded 31 yards (31 ypg) and one touchdown.
Southern Miss Players to Watch
- Jake Lange completed 57.7% of his passes to throw for 843 yards and five touchdowns last season.
- Frank Gore Jr. racked up five rushing touchdowns on 66.8 yards per game last season.
- Last season Dajon Richard rushed for 37.3 yards per game. He also scored two touchdowns.
- Jason Brownlee averaged 53.6 receiving yards and grabbed eight receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Jakarius Caston caught 16 passes last season on his way to 239 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Demarcus Jones played his way to two receiving touchdowns and 185 receiving yards (15.4 ypg) last season.
Where To Watch Miami vs. Southern Miss
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.