Nelson Cruz will look for his 100th hit of the year (he has 97) when his Washington Nationals (43-85) play the Oakland Athletics (48-81) at 7:05 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Nationals (-115 moneyline odds to win) play the Athletics (-105) in a projected tight matchup. The starting pitchers are Erick Fedde (5-8) for the Washington Nationals, and Cole Irvin (6-11) for the Oakland Athletics. The over/under for this game is 8.5.
Nationals vs. Athletics Predictions
Nationals vs. Athletics Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Nationals vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Washington has been listed as the moneyline favorite by bookmakers just two times in the last 10 games, and lost both matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Nationals and their opponents combined to hit the over two times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Washington has a 7-3-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Oakland has a record of 5-5.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Athletics and their opponents are 4-6-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Oakland has won six of its last 10 games against the spread.
Nationals vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Erick Fedde
- The Nationals are 12-8-0 ATS in Fedde’s 20 starts with a set spread.
- The Nationals were named the moneyline favorite for two Fedde starts this season — they split the games.
- Fedde’s team has compiled a 10-10 record over his 20 starts.
- Fedde has had 20 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 10 of those games hit the over.
Projected starter: Cole Irvin
- When Irvin starts, his team is 9-14-0 against the spread this season.
- His team has won 35% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (7-13).
- Irvin’s team has won eight of his 23 starts.
- Out of Irvin’s 23 starts with a total this season, seven have hit the over.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Cruz has sent home a team-high 62 runs batted in.
- Among all batters in MLB, Cruz’s home run total ranks 143rd and his RBI tally ranks 48th.
- Cesar Hernandez is hitting .245 with 26 doubles, three triples and 36 walks.
- Hernandez ranks 404th in homers and 242nd in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Hernandez has safely hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .211 with a double and a walk.
- Keibert Ruiz has put up a team-high batting average of .247.
- Ruiz brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with two doubles and a walk.
- Luke Voit has shown his power as he leads his team with 17 home runs.
- Voit heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with a home run and two RBI.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy is batting .254 with 53 RBI, both of which rank first among Oakland hitters this season.
- Among all batters in MLB, Murphy is 61st in home runs and 79th in RBI.
- Seth Brown’s 17 home runs are most among Oakland batters. He’s driven in 50 runs this season while slugging .418.
- Brown is 54th overall in home runs and 87th in RBI this year.
- Tony Kemp has 86 hits this season and a slash line of .221/.296/.300.
- Kemp has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with two walks and an RBI.
- Chad Pinder is batting .236 with an OBP of .263 and a slugging percentage of .387 this season.
Where To Watch Nationals vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.