The Cincinnati Reds (48-75) will try to snap a four-game losing streak when visiting the Washington Nationals (42-83) at 7:05 PM ET on Friday.
The favored Nationals (-134 on the moneyline) take the field at home against the Reds (+114). The Washington Nationals will hand the ball to Cade Cavalli and the Reds will counter with Mike Minor (2-10, 6.44 ERA). The over/under in the game is set at 9 total runs.
Nationals vs. Reds Predictions
Nationals vs. Reds Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Nationals vs. Reds Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Washington has not been favored on the moneyline in the last 10 games.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Nationals combined with their opponents to go over the run total three times.
- Washington has gone 7-3-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In nine games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Cincinnati has a record of 3-6.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Reds and their opponents are 6-4-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Cincinnati has five wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Nationals vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Cade Cavalli
- Cavalli and his team were underdogs on the moneyline each time he pitched a season ago.
Projected starter: Mike Minor
- Minor and his team have a record of 4-11-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 18.2% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 2-9.
- Minor’s team has won two of his 14 starts this season.
- In games Minor has started this season, the teams are 6-9-0 at hitting the over.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Nelson Cruz paces the Nationals with 61 runs batted in.
- Cruz ranks 142nd in home runs and 46th in RBI among all batters in baseball.
- Cesar Hernandez has 25 doubles, three triples and 36 walks while hitting .245.
- Hernandez ranks 406th in home runs and 240th in RBI among hitters in MLB action.
- Keibert Ruiz paces the Nationals with a team-high batting average of .246.
- Ruiz heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .308 with two doubles, three walks and two RBI.
- Lane Thomas is batting .240 with 19 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 22 walks.
- Thomas brings a nine-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .286 with three doubles, two home runs and three RBI.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Kyle Farmer is batting .260 with 56 RBI, both of which lead Cincinnati hitters this season.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Farmer’s home run total is 197th, and his RBI total is 65th.
- Nick Senzel has 76 hits and an OBP of .307 to go with a slugging percentage of .319 this season.
- Senzel currently is 279th in homers and 277th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Senzel has hit safely in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with three walks and an RBI.
- Jonathan India has 63 hits this season and a slash line of .245/.310/.397.
- India heads into this game on an eight-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .229 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Mike Moustakas is batting .214 with an OBP of .295 and a slugging percentage of .345 this season.
- Moustakas enters this game on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .265 with a double, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
Where To Watch Nationals vs. Reds
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.