The New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins square off in Game 7 of the NHL Playoffs First Round at Madison Square Garden on Sunday, May 15, with puck drop at 7:00 PM ET. The series is tied 3-3. Oddsmakers give the Rangers -159 moneyline odds in this decisive game against the Penguins (+136).
Rangers vs. Penguins Predictions
Rangers vs. Penguins Betting Odds
Rangers vs. Penguins Betting Trends
- In the 54 times this season the Rangers have been favored on the moneyline, they have gone 37-17 in those games.
- New York is 20-5 in games it has played with moneyline odds of -159 or shorter (80.0% win percentage).
- The Rangers’ implied moneyline win probability is 61.4% in this contest.
- The Rangers rank 15th in the league with 250 goals scored (3.0 per game).
- The Rangers have conceded 204 total goals (just 2.5 per game), ranking second in league action for the fewest goals against.
- The Penguins have been an underdog in 29 games this season, with 14 upset wins (48.3%).
- Pittsburgh has won four of its six games when it is the underdog by +136 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Penguins have 269 goals this season (3.3 per game), 11th in the league.
- The Penguins give up 2.7 goals per game (222 in total), the fourth-fewest in the NHL.
Rangers vs. Penguins Over/Under Trends
- This season, New York games have gone over this one’s 6-goal over/under 44 times.
- This season, 55 of Pittsburgh’s games have featured more than 6 goals.
- The over/under for this game (6) is 0.3 less than the combined scoring averages for the Rangers (3.05) and Penguins (3.28).
- These two teams allow a combined 5.2 goals per game, 0.8 less than this one’s over/under.
Rangers Team Leaders
- Artemi Panarin: 22 goals and 74 assists
- Mika Zibanejad: 30 goals and 52 assists
- Chris Kreider: 52 goals and 25 assists
- Igor Shesterkin: 36-13-4 record, .935 save percentage, 106 goals given up
Penguins Team Leaders
- Sidney Crosby: 31 goals and 53 assists
- Jake Guentzel: 40 goals and 44 assists
- Kris Letang: 10 goals and 58 assists
- Tristan Jarry: 34-18-6 record, .919 save percentage, 138 goals given up
Where To Watch Rangers vs. Penguins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.