The Brooklyn Nets are 3.5-point favorites heading into Game 3 of the opening round of the NBA Playoffs against the Boston Celtics at Barclays Center on Saturday, starting at 7:30 PM ET. The Celtics lead the series 2-0. The over/under for the matchup is 223.
Nets vs. Celtics Predictions
Nets vs. Celtics Betting Odds
Nets vs. Celtics Last 10 Games
- Brooklyn is 5-5 overall and 3-7-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- The final score of the last 10 Brooklyn games has surpassed the set total three times.
- The past 10 Nets games averaged 13.2 more points (236.2) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Nets’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 4.6 points higher than their season-long average.
- Boston covered the spread seven times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Boston and its opponents have hit the over in seven of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Celtics games averaged 223.0 points, equal to this matchup’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Celtics are scoring 122.2 points per game compared to their 111.8 season average.
Nets vs. Celtics Betting Trends
- Brooklyn is 35-48-1 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 3.5-point favorites or more, the Nets have an ATS record of 14-28.
- Games involving Brooklyn have hit the over 42 times out of 84 chances this season.
- The Nets make 47.5% of their shots from the field this season, which is 4.1 percentage points higher than the Celtics have allowed to their opponents (43.4%).
- Brooklyn has a 32-31-1 record against the spread and a 43-21 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 43.4% from the field.
- Boston has covered the spread in a matchup 45 times this season (45-36-3).
- The Celtics have an ATS record of 8-2 when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Boston’s games have gone over the total 42 times out of 84 chances this season.
- The Celtics have shot at a 46.6% clip from the field this season, 1.4 percentage points above the 45.2% shooting opponents of the Nets have averaged.
- Boston is 33-12-2 against the spread and 39-8 overall when it shoots better than 45.2% from the field.
Nets vs. Celtics Over/Under Trends
- This season, Brooklyn and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total of 223 points 43 times.
- A total of 30 of Boston’s games finished with a combined score higher than 223 points this season.
- The total for the contest of 223 is 1.7 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Nets (112.9 points per game) and the Celtics (111.8 points per game).
- This game’s point total is 6.4 fewer points than the 216.6 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- The Nets have seen a 224.6 average over/under in their games this season, 1.6 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- Celtics games have an over/under of 216.1 points this season, 6.9 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Nets Team Leaders
- Kevin Durant: 29.9 PTS, 7.4 REB, 6.4 AST, 51.8 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (115-for-300)
- Bruce Brown: 9.0 PTS, 1.1 STL, 50.6 FG%, 40.4 3PT% (38-for-94)
- Patty Mills: 11.4 PTS, 40.8 FG%, 40.0 3PT% (227-for-568)
- Kyrie Irving: 27.4 PTS, 5.8 AST, 1.4 STL, 46.9 FG%, 41.8 3PT% (100-for-239)
- LaMarcus Aldridge: 12.9 PTS, 55.0 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (14-for-46)
Celtics Team Leaders
- Jayson Tatum: 26.9 PTS, 8.0 REB, 45.3 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (230-for-651)
- Jaylen Brown: 23.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 47.3 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (166-for-464)
- Marcus Smart: 12.1 PTS, 5.9 AST, 1.7 STL, 41.8 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (119-for-360)
- Al Horford: 10.2 PTS, 7.7 REB, 1.3 BLK, 46.7 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (89-for-265)
- Robert Williams III: 10.0 PTS, 9.6 REB, 2.2 BLK, 73.6 FG%
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.