The Memphis Grizzlies are 2-point favorites heading into Game 3 of the opening round of the NBA Playoffs against the Minnesota Timberwolves at Target Center on Thursday, starting at 7:30 PM ET. The series is tied 1-1. The matchup has an over/under of 238.5.
Grizzlies vs. Timberwolves Predictions
Grizzlies vs. Timberwolves Betting Odds
Grizzlies vs. Timberwolves Last 10 Games
- Memphis has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Memphis games has exceeded the set total five times.
- The past 10 Grizzlies games averaged 7.4 fewer points (231.1) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Grizzlies are scoring 4.4 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Minnesota covered the spread three times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- Minnesota and its opponents have hit the over in seven of the past 10 games.
- The Timberwolves’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 235.9 points scored. That’s 2.6 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over the last 10 games, the Timberwolves are scoring 119.2 points per game compared to their 115.9 season average.
Grizzlies vs. Timberwolves Betting Trends
- Memphis has registered a 53-31-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Grizzlies have an ATS record of 32-18 when playing as at least 2-point favorites.
- Memphis games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 45 times out of 84 chances this season.
- The Grizzlies are shooting 46.1% from the field this season, 0.1 percentage points higher than the 46.0% the Timberwolves allow to opponents.
- Memphis is 38-7 against the spread and 41-4 overall when it shoots better than 46.0% from the field.
- Minnesota has put together a record of 44-39-1 against the spread this year.
- In games this year when an underdog by 2 points or more, the Timberwolves are 17-16 against the spread.
- Minnesota’s games have gone over the total 51 times out of 84 chances this season.
- The Timberwolves are shooting 45.7% from the field, 0.2% higher than the 45.5% the Grizzlies’ opponents have shot this season.
- Minnesota is 30-9 against the spread and 31-8 overall when it shoots higher than 45.5% from the field.
Grizzlies vs. Timberwolves Over/Under Trends
- This season, Memphis and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s total of 238.5 points 19 times.
- In Minnesota’s 84 games this season, 34 have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s point total of 238.5.
- The Grizzlies average 115.6 points per game against the Timberwolves’ 115.9, amounting to 7.0 points under the game’s point total of 238.5.
- This game’s over/under is 15.3 fewer points than the 223.2 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Grizzlies games is 225.0 points, 13.5 fewer than the over/under of 238.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 11.5 points more than the average over/under in Timberwolves’ games this season (227.0 points).
Grizzlies Team Leaders
- Ja Morant: 27.4 PTS, 6.7 AST, 1.2 STL, 49.3 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (88-for-256)
- Jaren Jackson Jr.: 16.3 PTS, 2.3 BLK, 41.5 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (128-for-401)
- Desmond Bane: 18.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 46.1 FG%, 43.6 3PT% (228-for-523)
- Steven Adams: 6.9 PTS, 10.0 REB, 54.7 FG%
- De’Anthony Melton: 10.8 PTS, 1.4 STL, 40.4 FG%, 37.4 3PT% (139-for-372)
Timberwolves Team Leaders
- Karl-Anthony Towns: 24.6 PTS, 9.8 REB, 1.1 BLK, 52.9 FG%, 41.0 3PT% (150-for-366)
- Anthony Edwards: 21.3 PTS, 1.5 STL, 44.1 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (215-for-602)
- D’Angelo Russell: 18.1 PTS, 7.1 AST, 41.1 FG%, 34.0 3PT% (176-for-518)
- Jarred Vanderbilt: 6.9 PTS, 8.4 REB, 1.3 STL, 58.7 FG%, 14.3 3PT% (2-for-14)
- Malik Beasley: 12.1 PTS, 39.1 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (240-for-637)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.