Saturday’s NHL matchup between the Edmonton Oilers (1-0-0) and the Calgary Flames (1-0-0) at Rogers Place sees the Oilers favored at home (-133 moneyline odds to win) against the Flames (+112). The game begins at 10:00 PM ET on ESPN+, CBC, SN1, and CITY.
Oilers vs. Flames Predictions
Oilers vs. Flames Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Oilers vs. Flames Betting Trends
- The Oilers won 45 of their 67 games (67.2%) when favored on the moneyline last season.
- Edmonton went 35-15 (70.0%) a season ago when it played with moneyline odds of -133 or better.
- The Oilers’ implied moneyline win probability is 57.1% in this contest.
- The Oilers’ 285 total goals (3.5 per game) made them the seventh-best scoring team in the NHL last season.
- Defensively, the Oilers conceded 251 total goals (3.1 per game) to rank 18th in league play.
- The Flames claimed an upset victory in eight, or 47.1%, of the 17 games they played as an underdog last season.
- Calgary had 13 games last season as an underdog by +112 or longer, and went 6-7.
- The Flames have a 47.2% chance to win this game (implied from the moneyline).
- With 291 goals (3.6 per game) last season, the Flames had the league’s sixth-best offense.
- The Flames’ total of 206 goals conceded (2.5 per game) was third in the league.
Oilers vs. Flames Over/Under Trends
- Last season, Edmonton games went over this one’s 7-goal over/under 52 times.
- Last season, 38 of Calgary’s games featured more than 7 goals.
- These two teams combined for 7.0 goals per game last season, 0.03 more than the over/under for this contest.
- This game’s total is 1.4 more than the 5.6 goals these two teams conceded per game combined.
Oilers Team Leaders 2021-22
- One of Edmonton’s most productive offensive players last season was Connor McDavid, who had 123 points (44 goals, 79 assists) and played an average of 22:03 per game.
- Leon Draisaitl had 55 goals and 55 assists to total 110 points (1.4 per game).
- Zach Hyman had 27 goals and 27 assists for Edmonton.
- Jack Campbell (31-9-6) had a 2.6 goals against average and a .914 save percentage (14th in the league).
Flames Team Leaders 2021-22
- Jonathan Huberdeau put up 115 points (1.4 per game) for Calgary last season, with 30 goals and 85 assists in 80 games (playing 19:26 per game).
- Nazem Kadri collected 87 points last season, with 28 goals and 59 assists.
- Elias Lindholm scored 42 goals last season, and 40 assists.
- Jacob Markstrom had a .922 save percentage (third-best in the league) last season, conceding 137 goals (2.2 goals against average). He compiled a 37-15-9 record.
Where To Watch Oilers vs. Flames
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.