The ALDS begins with a clash between the Houston Astros and Seattle Mariners, Tuesday at 4:00 AM ET, at Minute Maid Park.
The Mariners are an away underdog (+210) at the Astros (-260). Justin Verlander (18-4) is the starter in this one for the Houston Astros. The Seattle Mariners have yet to tab a starting pitcher for this game.
Astros vs. Mariners Predictions
Astros vs. Mariners Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Mariners Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston went 7-3 across the 10 games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Astros and their opponents combined to hit the over six times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Houston’s record against the spread is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Seattle has been the underdog twice in the last 10 games and won both contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Mariners and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
- Over its last 10 games, Seattle is 4-6-0 against the spread.
Astros vs. Mariners Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Justin Verlander
- When Verlander starts, the Astros are 17-11-0 against the spread.
- The Astros have a 19-7 record in Verlander’s 26 starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Verlander’s team has a 20-8 record over his 28 starts.
- Verlander has had 28 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in seven of those outings.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez has accumulated a team-high batting average of .306, and paces the Astros in home runs (37).
- Among hitters in MLB action, Alvarez ranks sixth in home runs and 15th in RBI.
- Alvarez takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .333 with three doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Alex Bregman has 38 doubles, 23 home runs and 87 walks while batting .259.
- Bregman ranks 50th in home runs and 21st in RBI among MLB batters this season.
- Bregman brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .176 with two walks and an RBI.
- Jose Altuve is batting .298 with 39 doubles, 28 home runs and 66 walks.
- Kyle Tucker has totaled 107 runs batted in to lead his team.
Mariners Batting Leaders
- Julio Rodriguez leads Seattle in batting average (.282) this season while adding 28 home runs and 74 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Rodriguez is 27th in home runs and 55th in RBI.
- Ty France has collected 153 hits this season and has an OBP of .342. He’s slugging .439 on the year.
- France ranks 64th in homers and 33rd in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- France has safely hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .227 with a walk and two RBI.
- Eugenio Suarez leads Seattle in home runs with 31 and runs batted in with 87.
- Suarez heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .318 with two doubles and four RBI.
- J.P. Crawford is batting .243 with an OBP of .339 and a slugging percentage of .336 this season.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Mariners
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.