The No. 3 Ohio State Buckeyes (5-0) will face off against their Big Ten-rival, the Michigan State Spartans (2-3) in a matchup on Saturday, October 8, 2022 at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans will need their best effort to pull off an upset, they are currently 25.5-point underdogs. The over/under is set at 62 in the outing.
Ohio State vs. Michigan State Predictions
Ohio State vs. Michigan State Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Ohio State vs. Michigan State: Last 3 Games
- Ohio State has covered the spread twice, and is 3-0 overall, in its last three games.
- In its past three contests, Ohio State has gone over the total.
- The Buckeyes and their opponents have combined to score an average of 59.0 points over their last three games, 3.0 less than the 62 over/under in this matchup.
- Michigan State has not covered the spread and is 3-0 overall in its last three contests.
- Michigan State has hit the over once in its past three contests.
- The Spartans total over the last three games is 7.3 points fewer than the 62 over/under given for this matchup.
Ohio State vs. Michigan State Betting Trends
- Ohio State has put together a record of 2-2-1 against the spread this season.
- The Buckeyes are 1-1-1 ATS when playing as at least 25.5-point favorites.
- Ohio State’s games have gone over the total three times this season.
- Ohio State has been favored on the moneyline a total of four times this season, and they’ve won each of those games.
- Ohio State has played as a moneyline favorite of -4318 or shorter in just two games this season, and it won both.
- Michigan State has covered the spread twice in five games with a set number.
- Michigan State games have gone over the total once this year.
- This season, Michigan State has been listed as the underdog in three games and failed to win any of those contests.
- Michigan State has not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +1430 odds on them winning this game.
Ohio State vs. Michigan State: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Ohio State games have hit the over on this matchup’s 62-point over/under twice.
- This season, Michigan State has played just one game with a combined score over 62 points.
- The over/under for the contest of 62 is 13.8 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Buckeyes (48.8 points per game) and the Spartans (27.0 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 37.4 points per game, 24.6 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Buckeyes have seen a 60.8 average over/under in their games this season, 1.2 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 7.1 points more than the average over/under in Spartans’ games this season (54.9 points).
Ohio State Players to Watch
- C.J. Stroud leads Ohio State with 1,376 passing yards (275.2 ypg) on 92-of-134 passing with 18 touchdowns compared to two interceptions this season.
- Miyan Williams’ team-high 497 rushing yards (99.4 per game) have come on 64 carries, with eight touchdowns this year.
- This season TreVeyon Henderson has piled up 50 carries for 318 yards (63.6 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Emeka Egbuka’s 512 receiving yards (102.4 yards per game) lead the team. He has 30 receptions with five touchdowns.
- Marvin Harrison Jr. has totaled 405 receiving yards (81.0 yards per game) and six touchdowns, reeling in 24 passes this year.
- Cade Stover’s 13 catches have netted him 200 yards (40.0 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Michigan State Players to Watch
- Payton Thorne has thrown for 1,121 yards (224.2 ypg) to lead Michigan State, completing 64.2% of his passes and collecting eight touchdown passes and six interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Jalen Berger, has carried the ball 59 times for 301 yards (60.2 per game), with four touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 10 passes for 77 yards (15.4 per game).
- This season Jarek Broussard has rushed for 177 yards (35.4 per game) on 38 carries with two touchdowns.
- Keon Coleman’s team-high 308 receiving yards (61.6 yards per game) have come on 25 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Jayden Reed has collected 189 receiving yards (37.8 yards per game) and one touchdown, hauling in 19 passes this year.
- Tre Mosley’s 15 grabs this season have resulted in 181 yards (36.2 ypg) and three touchdowns.
Where To Watch Ohio State vs. Michigan State
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.