The New York Mets (96-57) and Oakland Athletics (56-96) play a rubber match on Sunday at 4:07 PM ET, with the series deadlocked at 1-1.
The Athletics are a heavy underdog at home (+264) versus the Mets (-337). The starting pitchers are Max Scherzer (10-4) for the New York Mets, and JP Sears (6-2) for the Oakland Athletics. The game’s total is 7.
Mets vs. Athletics Predictions
Mets vs. Athletics Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mets vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York played as the moneyline favorite for nine of its last 10 games, and finished 6-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Mets and their opponents combined to go over the run total seven times.
- New York’s ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Oakland has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 5-5 in those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Athletics and their opponents are 6-4-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Oakland has a record of 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Mets vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Max Scherzer
- The Mets have an 11-10-0 ATS record in Scherzer’s 21 starts with a set spread.
- The Mets have been the moneyline favorite in 20 of Scherzer’s starts this season, and they went 12-8 in those matchups.
- Scherzer’s team has a 13-8 record in his 21 starts.
- Scherzer’s starts hit the over on the run total 10 times in 22 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: JP Sears
- Sears’ team is 6-4-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team has been victorious in 57.1% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 4-3.
- Sears’ team has a 6-4 record in his starts this season.
- In Sears’ 10 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over four times.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso leads the Mets in home runs (38) and runs batted in (123).
- In MLB action, Alonso ranks third in homers and second in RBI.
- Alonso brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .211 with three home runs, three walks and eight RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .272 with 22 doubles, five triples, 25 home runs and 59 walks.
- Lindor ranks 34th in home runs and seventh in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Lindor has safely hit in 10 games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .326 with a double, a triple, two home runs, a walk and eight RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .266 with 28 doubles, seven triples, 14 home runs and 67 walks.
- Nimmo has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .389 with a triple, two walks and three RBI.
- Jeff McNeil has a club-high .318 batting average.
- McNeil enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .273 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy leads Oakland in runs batted in with 66 while batting .253, which is also best on the team.
- Among all batters in MLB, Murphy’s home run total is 74th, and his RBI total is 69th.
- Murphy brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with three doubles, two walks and an RBI.
- Tony Kemp is batting .236 with an OBP of .309 and a slugging percentage of .338 this season.
- Among all MLB batters, Kemp ranks 234th in homers and 166th in RBI.
- Seth Brown leads Oakland in home runs with 24. He’s driven in 65 runs and is slugging .453.
- Brown heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .286 with a double, a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Chad Pinder has collected 79 hits this season and has an OBP of .258. He’s slugging .384 on the year.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.