Seiya Suzuki will look for his 100th hit of the year (he has 98) when his Chicago Cubs (61-82) square off against the Colorado Rockies (62-81) at 2:20 PM ET on Friday.
The Rockies are an underdog (+115 moneyline odds) when they visit the Cubs (-135). The starting pitchers are Marcus Stroman (3-7) for the Chicago Cubs, and German Marquez (8-10) for the Colorado Rockies.
Cubs vs. Rockies Predictions
Cubs vs. Rockies Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Cubs vs. Rockies Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Chicago was the moneyline favorite in four of its last 10 games, and went 1-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Cubs and their opponents combined to go over the run total two times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Chicago’s record against the spread is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- In nine games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by oddsmakers, Colorado has a record of 5-4.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Rockies and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
- Colorado has six wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Cubs vs. Rockies Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Marcus Stroman
- When Stroman starts, the Cubs are 11-11-0 against the spread.
- The Cubs were the moneyline favorite for five Stroman starts this season — they lost every game.
- Stroman’s team has won five of his 21 starts.
- Stroman has had 22 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 11 of those games finished over the total.
Projected starter: Germán Márquez
- Marquez’s team is 14-13-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team has been victorious in 45% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 9-11.
- Marquez’s team has won 15 of his 27 starts.
- Out of Marquez’s 27 starts with a total this season, 14 have hit the over.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ has racked up a team-high 66 runs batted in.
- Happ’s home runs rank 70th in MLB and he ranks 54th in RBI in MLB.
- Nico Hoerner has a club-leading .291 batting average.
- Hoerner ranks 182nd in homers and 130th in RBI among batters in MLB.
- Hoerner takes a six-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is hitting .314 with three doubles, two triples, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Suzuki is batting .263 with 22 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 38 walks.
- Suzuki brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom has hit 22 home runs to lead his team.
Rockies Batting Leaders
- C.J. Cron leads Colorado in home runs with 28 and runs batted in with 97.
- Cron’s home run total ranks 16th in MLB, and he is fifth in RBI.
- Brendan Rodgers has collected 131 hits this season and has an OBP of .320. He’s slugging .400 on the year.
- Rodgers ranks 153rd in home runs and 77th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Charlie Blackmon has collected 127 base hits, an OBP of .308 and a slugging percentage of .412 this season.
- Ryan McMahon has collected 115 hits this season and has an OBP of .333. He’s slugging .410 on the year.
Where To Watch Cubs vs. Rockies
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.