The Akron Zips (1-1) will look to upset the No. 15 Tennessee Volunteers (2-0) on Saturday, September 17, 2022 at Neyland Stadium. The Volunteers are heavy favorites in this one, with the line posted at 47.5 points. The over/under for the outing is 65.5 points.
Tennessee vs. Akron Predictions
Tennessee vs. Akron Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Tennessee vs. Akron Betting Trends
- Tennessee is a perfect 2-0-0 against the spread this season.
- Games involving Tennessee have hit the over once this season.
- Tennessee has been listed as the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games.
- Tennessee has yet to play a game with moneyline odds of or shorter.
- Akron has not covered the spread in any game this season (0-2-0).
- Akron games have yet to go over the total once this season.
- Akron lost the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- This season, Akron has won one of its two games when it is the underdog by at least on the moneyline.
Tennessee vs. Akron: Over/Under Trends
- The Volunteers average 46.5 points per game against the Zips’ 15.0, amounting to 4.0 points under the matchup’s point total of 65.5.
- This matchup’s total is 9.5 fewer points than the 56 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2022.
- This season, the average total for Volunteers games is 66.5 points, 1.0 more than the over/under of 65.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 11.0 points separates this matchup’s over/under (65.5 points) and the average total points bet in Zips’ games (54.5 points) this season.
Tennessee Players to Watch
- Hendon Hooker leads Tennessee with 546 passing yards (273.0 ypg) on 45-of-67 passing with four touchdowns compared to zero interceptions this season. He also adds 39 rushing yards (19.5 ypg) on 20 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- Jaylen Wright has carried the ball 22 times for a team-high 135 yards (67.5 per game), with one touchdown this year.
- This season Jabari Small has racked up 23 carries for 80 yards (40.0 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Cedric Tillman’s 230 receiving yards (115.0 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s collected 15 receptions and one touchdown.
- Jalin Hyatt has caught 13 passes for 101 yards (50.5 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Bru McCoy has hauled in seven grabs for 100 yards (50.0 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
Akron Players to Watch
- DJ Iron leads Akron with 396 passing yards (198.0 ypg) on 33-of-52 passing with two touchdowns and zero interceptions this season. He also has 42 rushing yards (21.0 ypg) on 19 carries.
- Cam Wiley has carried the ball 31 times for a team-high 115 yards (57.5 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- Shocky Jacques-Louis’ 133 receiving yards (66.5 yards per game) lead the team. He has 11 receptions with one touchdown.
- Daniel George has caught eight passes for 112 yards (56.0 yards per game) this year.
- T.J. Banks’ six catches have turned into 66 yards (33.0 ypg).
Where To Watch Tennessee vs. Akron
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.