The Boston Celtics are 4.5-point favorites heading into Game 1 of the opening round of the NBA Playoffs against the Brooklyn Nets at TD Garden on Sunday, starting at 3:30 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 224.5.
Celtics vs. Nets Predictions
Celtics vs. Nets Betting Odds
Celtics vs. Nets Last 10 Games
- Boston has a 7-3 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Boston’s last 10 outings saw eight go over the total.
- The past 10 Celtics games averaged 3.4 fewer points (221.1) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Celtics’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 13.2 points higher than their season-long average.
- Brooklyn is 6-4 overall and 3-7-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- The final scores of the last 10 Brooklyn games have exceeded the set total three times.
- The past 10 Nets games averaged 13.4 more points (237.9) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Nets have scored 5.5 more points per contest compared to their 112.9 PPG season-long scoring average.
Celtics vs. Nets Betting Trends
- Boston has gone 44-35-3 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 4.5-point favorites or more, the Celtics have an ATS record of 23-21-2.
- This season, Boston’s games have hit the over 41 times.
- This season, the Celtics have a 46.6% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.4% higher than the 45.2% of shots the Nets’ opponents have made.
- Boston is 33-12-2 against the spread and 39-8 overall when it shoots better than 45.2% from the field.
- Brooklyn has covered the spread 34 times over 82 games with a set spread.
- The Nets have an ATS record of 6-5-1 when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Brooklyn have hit the over 41 times this season.
- The Nets’ 47.5% shooting percentage from the field this season is 4.1 percentage points higher than the Celtics have given up to their opponents (43.4%).
- Brooklyn has compiled a 32-31-1 record against the spread and a 43-21 straight up record in games it shoots above 43.4% from the field.
Celtics vs. Nets Over/Under Trends
- Boston and its opponents have combined to outscore Sunday’s over/under (224.5 points) 26 times this season.
- This season, 39 games Brooklyn played finished with a combined score over 224.5 points.
- The Celtics average 111.8 points per game against the Nets’ 112.9, totaling 0.2 points over the contest’s total of 224.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 216.6 points per game, 7.9 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Celtics games is 8.6 points fewer than the over/under of 224.5 points in this matchup.
- This season the average over/under for the Nets’ games is 224.5 points, identical to the total points bet (224.5 points) for this contest.
Celtics Team Leaders
- Jayson Tatum: 26.9 PTS, 8.0 REB, 45.3 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (230-for-651)
- Jaylen Brown: 23.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 47.3 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (166-for-464)
- Marcus Smart: 12.1 PTS, 5.9 AST, 1.7 STL, 41.8 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (119-for-360)
- Al Horford: 10.2 PTS, 7.7 REB, 1.3 BLK, 46.7 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (89-for-265)
- Robert Williams III: 10.0 PTS, 9.6 REB, 2.2 BLK, 73.6 FG%
Nets Team Leaders
- Kevin Durant: 29.9 PTS, 7.4 REB, 6.4 AST, 51.8 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (115-for-300)
- Patty Mills: 11.4 PTS, 40.8 FG%, 40.0 3PT% (227-for-568)
- LaMarcus Aldridge: 12.9 PTS, 55.0 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (14-for-46)
- Nicolas Claxton: 8.7 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 67.4 FG%
- Blake Griffin: 6.4 PTS, 42.5 FG%, 26.2 3PT% (38-for-145)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.