The Memphis Grizzlies are 7-point favorites heading into Game 1 of the opening round of the NBA Playoffs against the Minnesota Timberwolves at FedExForum on Saturday, starting at 3:30 PM ET. The over/under is 235 in the matchup.
Grizzlies vs. Timberwolves Predictions
Grizzlies vs. Timberwolves Betting Odds
Grizzlies vs. Timberwolves Last 10 Games
- Memphis has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Memphis’ past 10 games saw six hit the over.
- The past 10 Grizzlies games averaged 4.4 fewer points (230.6) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Grizzlies have a points-per-game average 6.8 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Minnesota is 2-8-0 against the spread and 4-6 overall over its last 10 matchups.
- Minnesota and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Timberwolves games averaged 235.0 points, equal to this matchup’s over/under.
- The Timberwolves’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 119.0, 3.1 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Grizzlies vs. Timberwolves Betting Trends
- Memphis has covered the spread in a game 52 times this season (52-30-0).
- In games this season when favored by 7 points or more, the Grizzlies have gone 14-6 against the spread.
- This season, 44 of Memphis’ games have gone over the point total.
- The Grizzlies are shooting 46.1% from the field this season, 0.1 percentage points higher than the 46.0% the Timberwolves allow to opponents.
- Memphis is 38-7 against the spread and 41-4 overall when it shoots better than 46.0% from the field.
- Minnesota has covered the spread in a matchup 43 times this year (43-38-1).
- In games they have played as 7-point underdogs or more, the Timberwolves have an ATS record of 4-3.
- Minnesota’s games have gone over the total 50 times this year.
- The Timberwolves have shot at a 45.7% rate from the field this season, 0.2 percentage points greater than the 45.5% shooting opponents of the Grizzlies have averaged.
- Minnesota is 30-9 against the spread and 31-8 overall when it shoots better than 45.5% from the field.
Grizzlies vs. Timberwolves Over/Under Trends
- This season, Memphis games have gone over this matchup’s 235-point over/under 25 times.
- A total of 34 of Minnesota’s games finished with a combined score higher than 235 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 231.5 points per game, 3.5 points fewer than the over/under of 235 for this contest.
- These two teams surrender a combined 223.2 points per game, 11.8 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Grizzlies games is 10.4 points fewer than the over/under of 235 points in this matchup.
- Timberwolves games have an over/under of 226.7 points this season, 8.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Grizzlies Team Leaders
- Ja Morant: 27.4 PTS, 6.7 AST, 1.2 STL, 49.3 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (88-for-256)
- Jaren Jackson Jr.: 16.3 PTS, 2.3 BLK, 41.5 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (128-for-401)
- Desmond Bane: 18.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 46.1 FG%, 43.6 3PT% (228-for-523)
- Steven Adams: 6.9 PTS, 10.0 REB, 54.7 FG%
- De’Anthony Melton: 10.8 PTS, 1.4 STL, 40.4 FG%, 37.4 3PT% (139-for-372)
Timberwolves Team Leaders
- Karl-Anthony Towns: 24.6 PTS, 9.8 REB, 1.1 BLK, 52.9 FG%, 41.0 3PT% (150-for-366)
- Anthony Edwards: 21.3 PTS, 1.5 STL, 44.1 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (215-for-602)
- D’Angelo Russell: 18.1 PTS, 7.1 AST, 41.1 FG%, 34.0 3PT% (176-for-518)
- Jarred Vanderbilt: 6.9 PTS, 8.4 REB, 1.3 STL, 58.7 FG%, 14.3 3PT% (2-for-14)
- Malik Beasley: 12.1 PTS, 39.1 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (240-for-637)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.