The Minnesota Timberwolves (40-30) are favored (by 8 points) to build on a four-game home winning streak when they host the Los Angeles Lakers (29-39) on Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is 237.
Timberwolves vs. Lakers Predictions
Timberwolves vs. Lakers Betting Odds
Timberwolves vs. Lakers Last 10 Games
- Minnesota has a 8-2 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- Minnesota’s past 10 contests saw six hit the over.
- The last 10 Timberwolves games averaged 231.3 total points, 5.7 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Timberwolves’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 10.8 points higher than their season-long average.
- Los Angeles is 2-8-0 against the spread in its last 10 games, and has a 2-8 straight-up record in those matchups.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The Lakers’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 227.2 points scored. That’s 9.8 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Lakers are scoring 111.2 points per game compared to their 111.0 season average.
Timberwolves vs. Lakers Betting Trends
- Minnesota has gone 39-30-1 against the spread this season.
- The Timberwolves are 5-3 ATS when playing as at least 8-point favorites.
- This season, 42 of Minnesota’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Timberwolves make 45.4% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.9 percentage points lower than the Lakers have allowed to their opponents (46.3%).
- Minnesota has a 24-3 record against the spread and a 24-3 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 46.3% from the field.
- Los Angeles has covered the spread 29 times in 68 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 8-point underdogs or more, the Lakers have a perfect ATS record of 2-0.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total 38 times this year.
- The Lakers have shot at a 46.5% clip from the field this season, 1.1 percentage points higher than the 45.4% shooting opponents of the Timberwolves have averaged.
- Los Angeles has compiled a 22-21 record against the spread and a 24-19 straight up record in games it shoots above 45.4% from the field.
Timberwolves vs. Lakers Over/Under Trends
- This season, 25 of Minnesota’s 70 games have gone over Wednesday’s total of 237 points.
- This season, 23 of Los Angeles’ games have finished with a combined score higher than 237 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 226.1 points per game, 10.9 points fewer than the total of 237 for this contest.
- These two teams give up a combined 225.6 points per game, 11.4 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Timberwolves games is 11.8 points fewer than the over/under of 237 points in this matchup.
- Lakers games have an over/under of 222.7 points this season, 14.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Timberwolves Team Leaders
- Karl-Anthony Towns: 24.8 PTS, 9.9 REB, 1.2 BLK, 52.9 FG%, 40.8 3PT% (129-for-316)
- Anthony Edwards: 21.0 PTS, 1.5 STL, 43.2 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (175-for-505)
- D’Angelo Russell: 18.8 PTS, 7.1 AST, 41.7 FG%, 35.0 3PT% (159-for-454)
- Jarred Vanderbilt: 6.9 PTS, 8.7 REB, 1.4 STL, 58.7 FG%, 16.7 3PT% (2-for-12)
- Malik Beasley: 12.4 PTS, 39.1 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (215-for-573)
Lakers Team Leaders
- LeBron James: 29.7 PTS, 8.2 REB, 6.2 AST, 1.4 STL, 1.1 BLK, 52.3 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (144-for-398)
- Russell Westbrook: 18.0 PTS, 7.5 REB, 7.1 AST, 43.3 FG%, 27.7 3PT% (61-for-220)
- Malik Monk: 12.9 PTS, 46.5 FG%, 39.8 3PT% (139-for-349)
- Carmelo Anthony: 13.7 PTS, 44.4 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (138-for-353)
- Talen Horton-Tucker: 9.7 PTS, 41.6 FG%, 27.6 3PT% (42-for-152)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.