The Dallas Mavericks (34-24) visit the New Orleans Pelicans (23-35) in a matchup of Southwest Division teams at Smoothie King Center, starting at 8:00 PM ET on Thursday, February 17, 2022. The Mavericks are 2.5-point favorites in the game, the fourth matchup between the teams this season.
Mavericks vs. Pelicans Predictions
Mavericks vs. Pelicans Betting Odds
Mavericks vs. Pelicans Last 10 Games
- Dallas covered the spread seven times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Dallas and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- During the past 10 games, the Mavericks are scoring 6.5 points more per game compared to their season average.
- New Orleans covered the spread six times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- New Orleans and its opponents have hit the over in three of the past 10 games.
- The Pelicans’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 108.1, 2.0 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Mavericks vs. Pelicans Betting Trends
- Dallas has covered the spread 30 times in 58 games with a set spread.
- In games they were favored in by 2.5 points or more so far this season, the Mavericks have gone 16-12-1 against the spread.
- Dallas’ games have gone over the total 19 times this season.
- This season, the Mavericks have a 45.3% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.2% lower than the 46.5% of shots the Pelicans’ opponents have made.
- Dallas is 16-5-1 against the spread and 18-4 overall when it shoots better than 46.5% from the field.
- New Orleans has gone 29-29-0 against the spread this year.
- The Pelicans have an ATS record of 19-22 when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving New Orleans have hit the over 24 times this year.
- The Pelicans have shot at a 44.6% rate from the field this season, 0.8 percentage points less than the 45.4% shooting opponents of the Mavericks have averaged.
- New Orleans is 15-6 against the spread and 13-8 overall when it shoots better than 45.4% from the field.
Mavericks Team Leaders
- Luka Dončić: 27.0 PTS, 9.0 REB, 9.0 AST, 1.2 STL, 44.8 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (115-for-350)
- Jalen Brunson: 16.1 PTS, 5.4 AST, 50.1 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (64-for-176)
- Dorian Finney-Smith: 10.1 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.7 FG%, 36.5 3PT% (107-for-293)
- Tim Hardaway Jr.: 14.2 PTS, 39.4 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (102-for-304)
- Dwight Powell: 7.3 PTS, 64.8 FG%, 38.7 3PT% (12-for-31)
Pelicans Team Leaders
- Jonas Valančiūnas: 18.0 PTS, 11.4 REB, 53.7 FG%, 39.2 3PT% (47-for-120)
- Brandon Ingram: 22.3 PTS, 5.3 AST, 45.2 FG%, 34.0 3PT% (66-for-194)
- Devonte’ Graham: 13.0 PTS, 35.8 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (151-for-443)
- Herbert Jones: 9.6 PTS, 1.5 STL, 50.1 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (38-for-105)
- Jaxson Hayes: 8.5 PTS, 64.6 FG%, 26.9 3PT% (7-for-26)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.