The New Orleans Pelicans (22-33) host the San Antonio Spurs (21-35) in a matchup of Southwest Division teams at Smoothie King Center, beginning at 7:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 12, 2022. The Pelicans are 4.5-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The point total for the matchup is set at 224.5.
Pelicans vs. Spurs Predictions
Pelicans vs. Spurs Betting Odds
Pelicans vs. Spurs Last 10 Games
- New Orleans covered the spread seven times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- New Orleans and its opponents have combined to hit the over in three of those 10 games.
- The Pelicans’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 218.2 points scored. That’s 6.3 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Pelicans have a points-per-game average 1.0 point above their season-long scoring average.
- San Antonio is 4-6 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- The final scores of the past 10 San Antonio games have surpassed the set total four times.
- The past 10 Spurs games averaged 3.0 more points (227.5) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Spurs’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 115.4, 3.8 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Pelicans vs. Spurs Betting Trends
- New Orleans has covered the spread 28 times this season (28-27-0).
- In games they were favored in by 4.5 points or more so far this season, the Pelicans went 4-1 against the spread.
- Games involving New Orleans have hit the over 22 times this season.
- This season, the Pelicans have a 44.2% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.2% lower than the 46.4% of shots the Spurs’ opponents have knocked down.
- New Orleans is 12-3 against the spread and 11-4 overall when it shoots higher than 46.4% from the field.
- San Antonio has put together a 29-28-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Spurs are 15-10 ATS when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving San Antonio have hit the over 27 times out of 57 chances this season.
- San Antonio is 19-6 against the spread and 16-9 overall when it shoots better than 46.6% from the field.
Pelicans vs. Spurs Over/Under Trends
- This season, New Orleans games have seen a combined score higher than this game’s 224.5-point total 17 times.
- A total of 27 of San Antonio’s games ended with a combined score higher than 224.5 points this season.
- The point total for the matchup of 224.5 is 7.2 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Pelicans (105.7 points per game) and the Spurs (111.6 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 220.7 points per game, 3.8 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Pelicans games is 7.7 points fewer than the over/under of 224.5 points in this contest.
- Spurs games have an over/under of 222.2 points this season, 2.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Pelicans Team Leaders
- Jonas Valančiūnas: 18.0 PTS, 11.6 REB, 53.1 FG%, 39.8 3PT% (45-for-113)
- Brandon Ingram: 22.7 PTS, 5.3 AST, 45.1 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (64-for-184)
- Devonte’ Graham: 13.6 PTS, 36.4 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (149-for-428)
- Herbert Jones: 9.5 PTS, 1.5 STL, 49.6 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (35-for-99)
- Jaxson Hayes: 8.3 PTS, 63.2 FG%, 28.0 3PT% (7-for-25)
Spurs Team Leaders
- Dejounte Murray: 19.1 PTS, 8.2 REB, 9.0 AST, 2.0 STL, 45.3 FG%, 31.5 3PT% (62-for-197)
- Jakob Poeltl: 12.8 PTS, 8.8 REB, 1.7 BLK, 61.4 FG%
- Keldon Johnson: 15.1 PTS, 46.6 FG%, 42.7 3PT% (96-for-225)
- Devin Vassell: 11.1 PTS, 43.2 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (82-for-238)
- Lonnie Walker IV: 10.7 PTS, 38.8 FG%, 29.4 3PT% (70-for-238)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.