Kevin Durant and the Brooklyn Nets (29-16) are 2.5-point underdogs against Karl-Anthony Towns and the Minnesota Timberwolves (22-23) Sunday, January 23, 2022 at Target Center. The game starts at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 238.5 points.
Timberwolves vs. Nets Predictions
Timberwolves vs. Nets Betting Odds
Timberwolves vs. Nets Last 10 Games
- Minnesota is 6-4 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- Minnesota’s last 10 games saw seven hit the over.
- The past 10 Timberwolves games averaged 15.3 fewer points (223.2) than this matchup’s point total.
- During the last 10 games, the Timberwolves are scoring 8.1 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Brooklyn is 5-5 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- Brooklyn and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Nets games averaged 9.0 fewer points (229.5) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Nets’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 115.6, 3.7 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Timberwolves vs. Nets Betting Trends
- Minnesota has covered the spread in a matchup 23 times this season (23-22-0).
- In games they have played as 2.5-point favorites or more, the Timberwolves have an ATS record of 8-8.
- This season, Minnesota’s games have hit the over 25 times.
- The Timberwolves make 43.9% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.1 percentage points higher than the Nets have allowed to their opponents (43.8%).
- Minnesota is 17-5 against the spread and 16-6 overall when it shoots higher than 43.8% from the field.
- Brooklyn is 19-27-0 against the spread this season.
- The Nets have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Brooklyn have hit the over 21 times out of 46 chances this year.
- The Nets are shooting 47.3% from the field, 2.3% higher than the 45.0% the Timberwolves’ opponents have shot this season.
- Brooklyn has compiled an 18-15 record against the spread and a 26-6 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 45.0% from the field.
Timberwolves vs. Nets Over/Under Trends
- This season, Minnesota games have seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 238.5-point total 10 times.
- This season, five of Brooklyn’s games have ended with a score higher than 238.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 222.3 points per game, 16.2 points fewer than the over/under of 238.5 for this game.
- The 218.9 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 19.6 fewer than the 238.5 over/under in this contest.
- The Timberwolves have seen a 220.9 average over/under in their games this season, 17.6 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 17.4 points separates this matchup’s over/under (238.5 points) and the average total points bet in Nets’ games (221.1 points) this season.
Timberwolves Team Leaders
- Karl-Anthony Towns: 24.3 PTS, 9.2 REB, 1.1 STL, 1.2 BLK, 51.9 FG%, 40.8 3PT% (84-for-206)
- Anthony Edwards: 22.2 PTS, 1.5 STL, 44.2 FG%, 37.2 3PT% (127-for-341)
- D’Angelo Russell: 18.9 PTS, 7.0 AST, 40.8 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (107-for-302)
- Jarred Vanderbilt: 6.8 PTS, 9.1 REB, 1.5 STL, 58.1 FG%, 20.0 3PT% (2-for-10)
- Malik Beasley: 12.4 PTS, 37.5 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (136-for-390)
Nets Team Leaders
- James Harden: 23.0 PTS, 8.1 REB, 10.0 AST, 1.3 STL, 42.1 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (96-for-283)
- Kevin Durant: 29.3 PTS, 7.4 REB, 5.8 AST, 52.0 FG%, 37.2 3PT% (67-for-180)
- Patty Mills: 13.3 PTS, 43.8 FG%, 42.3 3PT% (140-for-331)
- LaMarcus Aldridge: 13.8 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 57.4 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (12-for-36)
- Bruce Brown: 6.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 48.8 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (10-for-32)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.