The Miami Heat (29-17) host the Los Angeles Lakers (23-23) in a matchup of Southeast Division teams at FTX Arena, tipping off at 6:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 23, 2022. The Heat are 4-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The matchup’s over/under is set at 216.5.
Heat vs. Lakers Predictions
Heat vs. Lakers Betting Odds
Heat vs. Lakers Last 10 Games
- Miami has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Miami games has surpassed the set total six times.
- The past 10 Heat games averaged 216.5 points, equal to this matchup’s point total.
- During their last 10 games, the Heat have scored 2.7 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Los Angeles has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Lakers games averaged 226.6 total points, 10.1 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- In their past 10 games, the Lakers have a 115.5 points-per-game average, 4.1 points above their season-long scoring average.
Heat vs. Lakers Betting Trends
- Miami has covered the spread 27 times in 46 games with a set spread.
- The Heat are 10-8 ATS when playing as at least 4-point favorites.
- Games involving Miami have hit the over 27 times this season.
- This season, the Heat have a 46.0% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.9% higher than the 45.1% of shots the Lakers’ opponents have hit.
- Miami has a 20-6 record against the spread and a 22-4 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 45.1% from the field.
- Los Angeles has compiled a 20-26-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Lakers are 6-4 ATS when playing as at least 4-point underdogs.
- This year, Los Angeles’ games have hit the over 26 times.
- The Lakers’ 46.5% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.2 percentage points higher than the Heat have allowed to their opponents (44.3%).
- This season, Los Angeles has a 16-15 record against the spread and a 19-12 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 44.3% from the field.
Heat vs. Lakers Over/Under Trends
- This season, 21 of Miami’s 46 games have gone over Sunday’s total of 216.5 points.
- There have been 27 Los Angeles games that have ended with a combined score over 216.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 219.9 points per game, 3.4 points more than the point total of 216.5 for this matchup.
- The 216.7 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 0.2 more than the 216.5 total in this contest.
- This season the average total for Heat games is 212.0 points, 4.5 fewer than the over/under of 216.5 points for this contest.
- Lakers’ games have a total points bet of 221.7 points this season, 5.2 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Heat Team Leaders
- Kyle Lowry: 13.4 PTS, 8.3 AST, 41.2 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (81-for-248)
- Tyler Herro: 20.7 PTS, 43.0 FG%, 38.8 3PT% (100-for-258)
- Jimmy Butler: 21.4 PTS, 5.9 AST, 1.9 STL, 48.1 FG%, 24.0 3PT% (12-for-50)
- Duncan Robinson: 11.5 PTS, 38.7 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (129-for-366)
- PJ Tucker: 8.1 PTS, 49.2 FG%, 45.4 3PT% (54-for-119)
Lakers Team Leaders
- Russell Westbrook: 18.5 PTS, 8.0 REB, 7.8 AST, 1.1 STL, 43.3 FG%, 30.2 3PT% (48-for-159)
- LeBron James: 28.9 PTS, 7.6 REB, 6.4 AST, 1.6 STL, 1.1 BLK, 51.7 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (97-for-268)
- Carmelo Anthony: 13.4 PTS, 43.4 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (100-for-257)
- Malik Monk: 12.0 PTS, 47.6 FG%, 40.8 3PT% (86-for-211)
- Dwight Howard: 5.3 PTS, 62.2 FG%, 66.7 3PT% (6-for-9)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.