The Oklahoma City Thunder (14-30) are underdogs (+9.5) as they try to end a three-game losing streak when they visit the Charlotte Hornets (25-20) at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, January 21, 2022 at Spectrum Center. The matchup’s point total is 221.
Hornets vs. Thunder Predictions
Hornets vs. Thunder Betting Odds
Hornets vs. Thunder Last 10 Games
- Charlotte covered the spread seven times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Charlotte games has exceeded the set total three times.
- The last 10 Hornets games averaged 227.3 total points, 6.3 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Hornets’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 2.5 points lower than their season-long average.
- Oklahoma City has a 2-8 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Oklahoma City games have exceeded the set total four times.
- The Thunder’s last 10 games have ended with an average of 213.3 points scored. That’s 7.7 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Thunder have a 101.9 points-per-game average, 1.2 points above their season-long scoring average.
Hornets vs. Thunder Betting Trends
- Charlotte has covered the spread 28 times over 45 games with a set spread.
- The Hornets are 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 9.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Charlotte have hit the over 23 times this season.
- This season, the Hornets have a 46.2% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.7% higher than the 44.5% of shots the Thunder’s opponents have hit.
- Charlotte is 19-7 against the spread and 16-10 overall when it shoots better than 44.5% from the field.
- Oklahoma City is 28-15-1 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when an underdog by 9.5 points or more, the Thunder have gone 10-5 against the spread.
- This year, 18 of Oklahoma City’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Thunder are shooting 41.7% from the field, 4.7% lower than the 46.4% the Hornets’ opponents have shot this season.
- Oklahoma City is 6-2 against the spread and 5-3 overall when it shoots higher than 46.4% from the field.
Hornets vs. Thunder Over/Under Trends
- This season, Charlotte games have seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 221-point total 28 times.
- This season, nine of Oklahoma City’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 221 points.
- The over/under for the contest of 221 is 5.9 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Hornets (114.4 points per game) and the Thunder (100.7 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 222.4 points per game, 1.4 more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Hornets games is 225.8 points, 4.8 more than the over/under of 221 points for this contest.
- A difference of 7.4 points separates this game’s over/under (221 points) and the average total points bet in Thunder’s games (213.6 points) this season.
Hornets Team Leaders
- Miles Bridges: 20.0 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.1 STL, 48.2 FG%, 32.2 3PT% (84-for-261)
- LaMelo Ball: 19.2 PTS, 7.3 REB, 7.7 AST, 1.6 STL, 41.9 FG%, 37.2 3PT% (103-for-277)
- Gordon Hayward: 17.0 PTS, 47.0 FG%, 39.2 3PT% (80-for-204)
- Terry Rozier: 18.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.8 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (110-for-286)
- Kelly Oubre Jr.: 16.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 46.0 FG%, 37.4 3PT% (119-for-318)
Thunder Team Leaders
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: 22.5 PTS, 5.4 AST, 41.8 FG%, 27.4 3PT% (61-for-223)
- Josh Giddey: 11.4 PTS, 7.4 REB, 6.3 AST, 40.3 FG%, 27.9 3PT% (43-for-154)
- Luguentz Dort: 16.6 PTS, 40.1 FG%, 32.5 3PT% (98-for-302)
- Darius Bazley: 9.1 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 39.8 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (36-for-132)
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl: 7.0 PTS, 40.2 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (44-for-133)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.