The Phoenix Suns (34-9) will attempt to build on a four-game winning streak when they visit the Dallas Mavericks (26-19) at 7:30 PM ET on Thursday, January 20, 2022 as 2.5-point favorites. The Mavericks have also won four games in a row. The over/under is set at 213 for the matchup.
Suns vs. Mavericks Predictions
Suns vs. Mavericks Betting Odds
Suns vs. Mavericks Last 10 Games
- Phoenix covered the spread seven times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Phoenix games has surpassed the set total four times.
- The Suns’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 222.1 points scored. That’s 9.1 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Suns’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 2.7 points higher than their season-long average.
- Dallas has a 9-1 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- The final combined score of the past 10 Mavericks games went over the set total one time.
- The last 10 Mavericks games averaged 212.0 total points, 1.0 fewer point than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Mavericks have a 105.1 points-per-game average, 0.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
Suns vs. Mavericks Betting Trends
- Phoenix has covered the spread 24 times over 43 games with a set spread.
- In games they were favored in by 2.5 points or more so far this season, the Suns went 19-17 against the spread.
- This season, 20 of Phoenix’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Suns make 47.6% of their shots from the field this season, which is 2.4 percentage points higher than the Mavericks have allowed to their opponents (45.2%).
- In games Phoenix shoots higher than 45.2% from the field, it is 19-11 against the spread and 27-3 overall.
- Dallas has gone 22-22-1 against the spread this year.
- In games this season when an underdog by 2.5 points or more, the Mavericks are 8-8 against the spread.
- Dallas games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 13 times this year.
- This season, Dallas has a 15-11-1 record against the spread and a 20-7 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 43.6% from the field.
Suns vs. Mavericks Over/Under Trends
- Phoenix and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (213 points) 28 times this season.
- A total of 15 of Dallas’ games finished with a combined score higher than 213 points this season.
- The Suns average 112.5 points per game against the Mavericks’ 105.4, amounting to 4.9 points over the contest’s total of 213.
- These two teams surrender a combined 207.2 points per game, 5.8 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Suns have seen a 219.4 average over/under in their games this season, 6.4 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 1.2 points fewer than the average over/under in Mavericks’ games this season (214.2 points).
Suns Team Leaders
- Chris Paul: 13.9 PTS, 10.0 AST, 1.9 STL, 47.6 FG%, 32.0 3PT% (40-for-125)
- Devin Booker: 24.6 PTS, 44.7 FG%, 40.3 3PT% (98-for-243)
- Mikal Bridges: 12.0 PTS, 1.2 STL, 50.6 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (61-for-158)
- Deandre Ayton: 16.8 PTS, 10.6 REB, 63.7 FG%, 25.0 3PT% (2-for-8)
- Cameron Johnson: 11.9 PTS, 46.0 FG%, 43.4 3PT% (99-for-228)
Mavericks Team Leaders
- Luka Doncic: 25.1 PTS, 8.8 REB, 8.7 AST, 1.2 STL, 43.5 FG%, 29.4 3PT% (70-for-238)
- Kristaps Porzingis: 20.2 PTS, 7.9 REB, 1.7 BLK, 45.5 FG%, 28.5 3PT% (43-for-151)
- Tim Hardaway Jr.: 14.6 PTS, 39.4 FG%, 33.2 3PT% (96-for-289)
- Dwight Powell: 7.1 PTS, 63.2 FG%, 41.4 3PT% (12-for-29)
- Reggie Bullock: 6.4 PTS, 38.0 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (53-for-166)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.